Sunday, June 15, 2008

Great session at ECP

Seen the picture header above? It's done by me! I took those pictures on 2 separate trips this year - Tioman (for dive trip) in May and Cameron Highlands (for nature trip) in June. All thanks to Pet, who guided me to create "spaces" to store my old blogs and retain the new blog on the old URL. Sounded like an idiot last night! Haa...

Had a good session at ECP today. What did I do there? Blading of cos! All thanks to Matt to "jio" me to go, despite the weather being cloudy. God is so kind to send me an angel to send me to ECP. He left at 11 plus and I stayed on to blade till 1.30pm! That was 3 hours of blading. The sun came on at 11.00am. Yippee... I stayed on by the beach to read my book. It felt really good. However, my right knee's a bit achy. The ligament is strained, I think. Should be okay after some rest.

I am currently reading "The Tiger's Child" by Torey Hayden. It is 2nd in the series. All thanks to Sel that she introduced the first book to me last year and I was hooked.

About the book
Torey Hayden returns with this deeply-moving sequel to her first book, One Child (the Sunday Times bestseller). After seven years, Torey is reunited with Sheila, the disturbed 6-year-old she tried to rescue. Sheila was a deeply disturbed six-year-old when she came into Torey Hayden's life - a story poignantly chronicled One Child. The Tiger's Child picks up the story seven years later. Hayden has lost touch with the child she helped to free from a hellish inner prison of rage and silence. But now Sheila is back, now a gangly teenager with bright orange hair - no longer broken and lost, but still troubled and searching for answers. This story of dedication and caring that began in childhood moves into a new and extraordinary chapter that tests the strength and heart of both Sheila and her one-time teacher. In Tiger's Child the skilled and loving educator answers the call once again to help a child in need through her difficult yet glorious transition into young womanhood.

Went for evening mass and I was filled with the Holy Spirit as usual. :) Today, I had tears of joy during "Lamb of God". It felt really good to be so close to God.

Visited my sis-in-law and my little nephew. He's so cute. He didn't want to sleep after drinking his milk. I guess he was waiting for my brother to be back from his work trip. He should be home by 12.00am.

No comments: