Tuesday, September 2, 2008

At Mass Today - 31st Aug 08

At mass today, I was touched by the 2nd reading from Romans 12:1-2.

It says:
So then my brothers, because of God's great mercy to us I appeal to you: Offer yourselves as a living sacrifice to God, dedicated to his service and pleasing to him. This is the true worship that you should offer. Do not conform yourselves to the standards of the world, but let God transforms you inwardly by a complete change of your mind. Then you will be able to know the wil of God - what is good and is pleasing to him and is perfect.

I was touched by what was read. In my life, I have sometimes conform to the standards of the world, even though I know it's wrong. It takes God's word to wake me up and remind me that I should have a change of mind so that I can do what is good and pleasing to him. It's a constant struggle and I hope to overcome it one day.

At the eucharistic celebration, I was touched by the Holy Spirit. I am always thankful that the Holy Spirit fills me up at every eucharistic celebration. I pray that when I get tempted to sin, I must remember that the Holy Spirit fills me and I should not sin because it's not pleasing to God's eyes.

Towards the end of mass, Fr Romeo asked for a group of special people to walk to the front for a special blessing. I was part of the group of special people. I am thankful for the special blessing and I hope that I will carry on my layperson's vocation to serve the many people who still do not know Jesus yet and love those unloved by others.

No comments: