Saturday, December 6, 2008

By Chance...

I had to take my lappie down to Service Centre cos' the CD-ROM drive was not detected. In any case, I was prepared to go back to office to get my office lappie, should I need to send my home lappie for checking.

When I was at the service centre, the customer officer checked the lappie and I was told that it was a program conflict error. He was nice enough to advise me to drop the lappie off at Changi Business Centre so that they could do a thorough check on it. I could even do recover the program on the spot and I could be spared of the checking charges or labour charges and parts charges, should I need to get a new CD-ROM drive.

As I was there, my good friend KC texted me to choose a date for lunch. I called her back and I was told that she was in Raffles City. Since I was nearby, we had decided to meet for lunch. Had a great lunch and caught up on our lives in Sakae Sushi. I chose the place because this is one restaurant I would miss when I travel to Australia. We then agreed to go to the neighbouring country in 2 weeks' time to get my contact lenses while she shopped. We also called up our ex-teacher to arrange for a dinner with her but she was not at home.

I then went to Changi on my own and found that the Service Centre is not that far from the MRT Station. I was thankful for the good weather.

After explaining to the customer officer at the Service Centre, she took my lappie to the engineer to get it checked. When she returned, I was told that that registry was updated and there would be no charge. Yippee...

I then went over to the exhibition halls found out that there's the JL mega sale! Wow! Immediately I saw EDC has set up a display corner and I had to think twice or even thrice if I should buy them. Anyway, I took a shopping bag and will see if I could fill it up. I spent at least 45 minutes walking around and I finally bought these items:
  • A pair of Lycra pants
  • A strapless sundress (will come in handy when I go to Batam)
  • 2 bedsheet sets
  • 2 microwavable kitchenware for mum
  • A bottle of Avene toner (20% off so must buy)

I then arranged to meet mum for dinner and grocery shopping at SS. The journey took one and a half hour to reach CW.

I felt so cheated when I bought the 板面 from the stall. I told the lady that I wanted 板面 without the minced pork so it should come with egg. I asked for fish slices to be added in and I paid for it. When I got my noodles, there was no egg! I went back to ask her for it, she said that she changed my order to fish noodles. If I wanted the egg, I must pay $0.50 for it. Isn't it ridiculous? I was quite upset.

After dinner, we went to SS and mum did buy quite a few things when initially, she said that she would only buy Horlicks and Anlene powder. Haaa... Shopaholic...

Got a text message from my ex-teacher and we have fixed the dinner date. Hooray...

Dear Lord, thank you for the time I spent with KC and mum today. It was time well-spent. You gave me the opportunity to meet them. I thank you. I also want to thank you for the opportunity to meet the nice guy and lady from the Service Centre. The guy at the Service Centre helped me to save cost by giving me the appropriate advice and the lady was friendly to assist me. Please bless these people and may they one day know more about You. I was upset with the lady from the food stall. May You help me to take away the anger and forgive her. Please bless her with the gift to deal with customers better. Amen.

No comments: