Sunday, December 21, 2008

Fairmont Stay...

I had the opportunity to have a 1-night stay at Fairmont last night. I invited SG along so that we could enjoy ourselves. We had no plans for the afternoon so we decided to meet up and decide thereafter.

Check-in was smooth cos' there's not much crowd. As SG was waiting, she was given a packet of 12 Christmas cards. It's definitely good service. I had requested for sea-facing view. Actually, I was not given at all but the front-desk guy made the arrangment. Yippee... That's another plus point for them.

We liked the view at the hotel and we started taking pictures and even the bathroom! Haa... There's a bathtub and bath grains so we could have our soak later. We then went for a quick bite at Soup Spoon and shopped around before proceeding to SVP for mass. The priest who conducted the mass was quite funny in his sermon - Do we want to be St. Paul or Mary?

After that, I went for a hair-trim while SG went to meet her bf to run some errands. My hairdresser was overseas so her sister trimmed my hair and use the flat iron to straighten my hair as well without extra charges. Yippee.. Bad part was that I could not wash or get my hair wet for the next 2 days or else it would straighten itself.

We then met up again to have dinner at Bugis. After dinner, we went to shop at Bugis Junction. We spent a lot of time at a particular shop to buy Christmas presents. In the end, I bought 4 from that shop. We then decided to rest our feet at TCC for desserts and chocolate!

I took a bath soak when I was back in the room. It was heavenly... I was watching TV till 2 plus in the morning and guess what?! I had to make a call to the frontdesk and inform them that it was too noisy to get to bed because the occupants upstairs were making far too much noise! Other than voices and noise, thumping of the floor was heard as well. It stopped after 15 minutes. Phew...

In the morning, it's early soak in the pool. I managed to spend slightly more than an hour going under the sun. With sunblock, of course. I tried hard not to get my hair wet but nevertheless, the ends of the hair did get wet.

Anyway, I saw B whom I used to work with in the same organisation although I do not know him personally. He was with his family - wife and 2 kids, maybe 4 for the gal and 3 for the boy, staying in Swissotel. Hmmm... He used to be so cute and very athletic. He still is but then with a big pouch in front. I used to have crush on him. He's kinda stout actually.

After the swim, we went to FIL for our massage. It's the rose steam with the rose scrub and massage. I felt so relaxed that I fell asleep. I got the same therapist as the last visit too.

It was a truly relaxing weekend. I am wondering when should I book my Swissotel or Merchant Court stay.

Dear Lord, thank you for the great time I spent with SG. She's a great friend to be with and I am glad that we had the opportunity to spend time together before I go to Australia. Please bless her and take good care of her. Lord God, continue to guide her to know about Your goodness and love. Amen.

No comments: