I refused to get up for 8.30am mass. I just slept on when the alarm clock rang at 7.45am. Anyway, I woke up in time for 10.30am mass, however, I was a few minutes late and the church was quite fun. I managed to get a seat right at the corner.
I had seen the lady who sat next to me, before. She was with her family of 4 and a granddaughter. She looks quite young and trendy and does not look like a pure Chinese. I guess her granddaughter has her genes because both she and the latter has light brown hair.
Today's the Feast of Holy Family so I particularly liked the first reading which is about honouring parents. I do not seem to be able to find the readings though.
As I was looking for an online Catholic Bible, I found one. Click here to your bible online. Alternatively, you can click on the link under Catholic Resources found on the left.
Anyway, I was told by my mum that she would have to stop work for 2 months as the hotel would not need contract staff for the moment. The hotel would contact her if they would need her services again. It's great that she could rest for 2 months, in preparation for Chinese New Year and my trip. I just hope that she could continue to work otherwise daily expenses would be a problem especially I would not be around.
Dear Lord, thank you for touching my heart today during mass. May I continue to listen to the Holy Spirit so as to do Your will. As today's the Feast of Holy Family, I pray for the families of my friends, colleagues and those I come in contact with. I pray that their families will continue to grow in closeness and love. May they never forsake each other and learn to be patient with one another. I pray for I and her hubby that You may grant her the gift of a baby to complete the full picture of a family. I also pray for my own family that all things would go well when I am away. Help me to have faith and trust in You that all family members would be in safe hands. I thank you, Lord. Amen.
Sunday, December 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment