Tuesday, July 14, 2009

May Be Moving...

I was in uni to meet up with a colleague (JW) back home yesterday. I saw GW and his housemate when I walked past the swimming pool. He sprained his ankle yesterday and now, he's at the pool. What a conscientious athlete.

Back to JW, we were working in the same zone. He looked quite aloof if you do not know him well. In fact, he has been helpful since I came here. Anyway, I met up with him to discuss about electives since he had done my course before. I wanted to meet up with my academic advisor as well but I could not because I had missed the consultation time and he would only be available the next day. That meant that I would need to come back later.

On my way home, I was supposed to meet M at the property agent's office to pay rent. However, I received a call from M that our neighbours were locked in. I rushed home to see what help I could offer. We discovered that the lock was damaged and there was nothing we could do. My neighbour, C, told us not to worry as her brother would be there shortly to "rescue" her and our other neighbour, L. M and I then hurried to the property agent's office to pay next month's rent.

When we were there, we paid the extra $20 for the bond increase. We were also reminded to return the new lease by end of the week. When I got home to check the lease, I realised that the new lease would be for a year and it would end Aug 2010. I had a discussion with M and he was not keen to sign the lease for a year. There were a few options for us to explore - negotiate with agent to extend our lease till Dec this year, find 2 bedrooms for 2 of us in the same house or find 1 bedroom for me and M would bunk in. In the meantime, it's easier for us to speak to the agent. However, we had to start looking for place to stay in case that option fails.

Dear Lord, thank you for JW and his advice today. It had been helpful in helping me to select the electives. I also hope that we could have a place to stay. I would like to stay put in the same house. I believe that You helped me when I first started looking for a place to stay and it is so far, quite ideal for me and I like the facilities and amenities nearby. If this is what You want for me, please help me to continue to stay in the current rented property. Amen.

No comments: