Saturday, July 18, 2009

Mobile Blog: Guilt and Shame

This was what Fr Vince talked about yesterday during Praise and Worship. Guilt occurs to the one who did wrong and shame occurs to the family member to one who did wrong. We could have gone to confession for forgiveness but there's always an emotional feeling attached to the shame. It could be the disappointment, bitterness, anger, disgust or what other feelings that come with guilt. We all need emotional healing with God's grace and help.

During the homily at benediction, Fr Vince said a powerful prayer for all of us. It made me realise why did I feel so empty when I stepped into the church earlier. No doubt I have passed my exams, there's a sense ofdisappointment with the results. I felt that I've let my family down. I thank my friends and family who encouraged me but sometimes, it just made me feel so bad. I did ask God to help me remove those negative feelings and heal me. As I sang those beautiful hymns, tears just rolled down my face and I had to wipe them subtlely because I was with GW and his family.

God did send angels into my life. Just like yesterday, there was no transport to church and GW offered to pick me up from his place with his parents and send me to church. Then AG called me and asked me out. I was about to call her soon to discuss about dinner date next week. There's M who was home yesterday and prepared dinner and ate with me after I got home from Bardon. There's LN and CL who ran errands for me. Without these angels, I'll be miserable.

Dear God, thank you for the inspiring message by Fr Vince yesterday. Help me to remember Your love is always greater than anything else and I should always turn to You. You are the one who heals and with Your grace, I will learn not to be so uptight with myself and learn to trust in You. I thank you for the angels that come into my life, including you. Yes, you - the one who is reading the blog now. Whoever you may be, you deserve God's love and may He blessed you with joy and happiness. May He enrich your life with love by those around you. Amen.

No comments: