Sunday, June 22, 2008

Be Not Afraid...

Managed to wake up in time for mass today. The readings and homily are very apt with what I am feeling now. Today's readings help us to recognise that God's strength will always help us as we witness our faith. Today's Gospel then, provides an opportunity for us to remember the joy as well as the sacrifice of discipleship. It also provides an opportunity for us to remember that the difficult path of discipleship also leads us to abundant life.

I am actually anxious of the future (be it studies or in other areas). In a way, when I heard the hymn "Be Not Afraid", it's as if He's telling me to go where I should go and He will be there with me.

I had a prayer meeting today so I had decided to make desserts for my friends. I have adapted the recipe and will share it with you. It's Water Chestnut & Sago. In the midst of buying milk (mum didn't like coconut milk), I bought the wrong one and I got the banana milk instead. She liked the flavour so much so a fusion dessert emerged!

Left bowl: Water Chestnut with Sago in Coconut Cream
Right bowl: Water Chestnut with Sago in (HL) Banana Milk

Ingredients (Serves 5 pax)

  • 7 cups of water
  • 5 pandan leaves, knotted
  • 100g sago
  • 180g caster sugar
  • 400g water chestnuts, peeled and chopped coarsely
  • 200ml coconut cream (or you can use banana milk)
  • 1/2 tsp salt
Recipe
1. Soak sago
2. Put water and pandan leaves in a saucepan; bring to boil over medium-high fire.
3. Add sugar and salt; bring to boil until sugar dissolves.
4. Add sago, chestnuts to cook over low fire until it turns transparent.
Keep stirring to avoid the sago sticking to bottom of the saucepan.

5. Add coconut cream (or milk) and keep stirring.
6. Discard pandan leaves and serve hot or cold.

I was preparing the desserts with my mum and at the same time, we discussed about my studies. She told me that she might not be around in 3 years time. Anyway, we hope for the best - to wait for me to be back so that I can continue to care for her. I am glad the relationship between my mum and I has improved and we could be so open about issues. We have even discussed where she would have her wake should she passed on one day.

Anyway, at the prayer meeting, I found out that God sent me another angel who could help to be my guarantor if I should take up a bank loan. She had agreed to be one verbally.

I went for confession too. After I had repented, the priest said, "As long as we are on Earth, we have to be prepared that we would made mistakes in life." I felt so much better. I am glad I have the conscience to know what's right and wrong. It's always so difficult to make the right choice (or at least what I feel it's right). I was told that in the past, the confession queues used to be very long. It has lost its meanng to many, it seems. It's quite sad.

I thought all would be peaceful the whole weekend. I got a message "Where are you?" in the evening. I wondered what's on that person's mind. It's leaving me very unsettled.

Spoke to AL and asked her some stuffs about overseas payment. She's also another angel that came my way.

Dear Lord, I pray for S as he's now in the hospital for heart palpitations. May You help to restore his health. Thank you for the angels You sent my way today. They have been helpful in ways to come. Thank you for the readings and homily that I had heard. Even the reading at the prayer meeting was something You sent my way. Help me to remember the readings and apply it to my life. Today's A's and Z's birthday. Lord, please blessed them with lotsa joy and happiness and may their lives ahead with blessed with many of Your riches. Amen.

No comments: