Had brunch with my maternal cousins and their parents today. It was to celebrate Father's Day (my uncle) and also one of my cousin's birthday.
The last time I met them was at CNY. They were the ones whom I grew up with when I was young. We are very near in age and I learnt the art of mahjong from them. I remembered playing MJ after the adults were done with the game. The kids had to pack the tiles and we usually play a game or 2 before packing them up.
I also remembered pulling each other's hair when we were fighting then. Haha.. Come to think of it, it was funny. Going to the movies with them was no fun either. I remembered sitting between them in the cinema and when they laughed, I often had to bear the slappings on my thighs. No grudges with them of course.
Anyway, you must be wondering what had happened to my own Father's Day celebrations with my dad. To be frank, the relationship with my dad had kinda broken down during my teenage years. I am trying hard to mend the broken relationship. It's not at its best but it's slowly improving. There was a time when I had told myself that I would not shed a tear if he passed on. I guess my heart had kinda softened and afterall, he's my dad and I should not be that hard-hearted. Well, with God's love, I hope that my heart will not be that hard one day.
I was packing the storeroom with mum today and we found some old photographs. I really meant old. It was those even before I was born. I found some photographs of my late paternal aunt, uncle and grandpa. At first, I could not even recognise them! My mum had to tell me who those people were. My paternal cousins were in their toddler or primary school years. And guess what? I found wedding photographs of my mum and dad in a wedding car! I teased my mum and told her to buy the 4-digits of the car-plate of the wedding car for Wednesday 4D! Haha...
I found a clinic card of my late aunt and it's dated 1956! Wooh... It's been 52 years. I will scan it and put up some day. It's older than I am! I also found my late grandma's election notification in 1959. It's amazing that things like these turn up at home. I shall scan all in and keep it for keepsake.
Anyway, I got a call from Sharon and was told that she would be attending RCIA on Wednesday! Yippee....
Dear Lord, thank you for bring Sharon to RCIA. Amen.
Monday, June 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment