Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Old memories and sad moments...

Guess what? I was packing my stuffs yesterday and found some memorable old stuffs - a diary dated 1995 and also some cards from my "customers" dated 1999. It really brought back memories. It's 13 years and 9 years ago respectively.

I recalled starting to write in a diary when I was in Primary 5. I think I still have the diary somewhere in the house. You may find that I don't blog to write about my views but what I did. It's really heart-warming to read bout things I did in the past. It could be funny, weird, childish or even unbelievable. It's a process of growing up, I guess.

As for the "customers", they could be in late teens now. Wow! They must have grown. I wonder if I can "facebooked" them. Can't remember how they look like but I do have their names cos' it's on the cards they wrote.

As I went to work today, I saw my neighbour sitting at the void-deck with the tentage. I was kinda surprised as I don't remember any old people in that family. I gave her a quick "Good-Morning" smile and walked away. She managed a weak smile but it was a sad one. When I came back today, I found to my horror, it was her daughter who passed away! Told my mum about my neighbour and she told me that she heard from the other neighbour that it was a sudden death. Imagine my shock as I saw the deceased at the void-deck 3 days ago!

Life is indeed fragile and another young person had left the world. I hope she didn't leave with regrets. The deceased was slightly older than me and I usually meet her at the void-deck. We do not usually smile when we crossed paths. I do acknowledge her mum though.

I raised my voice at my mum just now, just before I retired to my bedroom. She opened one of my packages addressed to me and it was not necessary as I was about to send the whole package back. It was some cards sent to me by some organisation, asking for donation. It just frustrated me. As I calmed down, I felt upset because I had hurt her feelings unwittingly.

Lord, please forgive me for hurting my mum and I pray that You will give her the peace in her mind and heart. Help me to apologise to her tomorrow. As for my deceased neighbour, may she rest in peace. I pray for her family to be comforted by Your love. May they find peace in their hearts. Amen.

No comments: