Sunday, July 6, 2008

Lazy Sunday...

Woke up in time to pack my bag for Sentosa and then attend mass. Made Charlotte along the way. She greeted me from the side but I was in my own world. She repeated it, then I realised that it's her. We walked to church together.

At mass, Father Damien said something that it seemed like God told him to mention it at mass. Today's gospel is about leaving our burdens with Him and He will give us rest. So Father Damien mentioned about we all have anxieties - some big and some small. Small anxieties include what to wear, what to eat. Larger anxieties include - where to go (eg. Sentosa) or money issues that we need help to solve it. Hmm... Seems like he knows that I will be going to Sentosa later.

I was touched by the 2nd reading - Romans 8:9,11-13

9 You, however, live not by your natural inclinations, but by the Spirit, since the Spirit of God has made a home in you. Indeed, anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
11 and if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead has made his home in you, then he who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will give life to your own mortal bodies through his Spirit living in you.
12 So then, my brothers, we have no obligation to human nature to be dominated by it.
13 If you do live in that way, you are doomed to die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the habits originating in the body, you will have life.

I was also touched by the songs during communion (Loving and Forgiving) and after communion (O God, Search Me). As usual tears well up in my eyes.

Since it's mum's Chinese birthday today, I had to buy wanton mee for her after mass. It's been a tradition at home to eat noodles and half-boiled eggs on our birthdays. I once asked mum what's the significance. She said that noodles for a long life (life as long as noodles) and eggs for new life (for us to start anew).

Met AJ and my god-dotter to go to Sentosa. We only knew we want to spend time at the beach but we didn't decide which beach should we go to. We ended up at Palawan Beach and played at the children's water feature. We stayed there for almost an hour and Elle enjoyed it so much. She slept in the car after we left the car park. She was indeed tired.

Dear Lord, thank you for the time I spent in mass today. Thank you for meeting Charlotte and having her beside me at mass. Today's my mum's birthday. May you give her strength to accomplish her daily tasks and thank you for making her my mum. . Please bless her and Charlotte with good health. Thank you for my god-dotter and my friend, AJ. May you bless their family with lotsa love and joy. I pray for the safety for a friend who has gone to Malaysia to race. May he have a safe journey there and back. Amen.

No comments: