Monday, July 7, 2008

Mummy's Birthday

I went to bro's home for dinner just now. It's mum's birthday so we decided to go there for a dinner. Apparently, 7th uncle called mum this morning to ask her out for breakfast. She declined and invited him and auntie for dinner at bro's place instead.

Mum had to be at bro's place early because he and my sis-in-law wanted to learn how to prepare certain food from her. He wanted mum to teach his domestic helper as well. My mum had to lug her "magic" pot along and it's so very heavy. Who else but I had to carry it.

I had the chance to carry my cute little nephew. According to 7th uncle, it's unwise to carry toddlers who are not able to sit up as their backbones are not strong enough. My sis-in-law differs in her views. Anyway, my bro has taken note of that.

I was chatting with my sis-in-law and told her about my day at the Sentosa with my god-dotter. When she saw the pictures, she was surprised that AJ had a daughter who's almost 2 years old already. She reminded me that we (sis-in-law, AJ and I) went to Chek Jawa many years ago and that's how she knew AJ. I then vaguely recalled that incident. She also told me that she could remember that Jo (AJ's sis) has a very jovial and cheerful personality. That I must truly agree. I was telling sis-in-law that when my nephew is big enough, we could all go out with him and my god-dotter and family.

We had quite a feast at dinner. It's nothing compared to the big restaurant but at least it's in a cosy place with family and relatives to share a simple home-cooked meal. That's good enough, I feel. I will miss that for a long time if I am away.

Told uncle about my plans next year and he's always the encouraging one who says go ahead if I have the means. I am glad that I have relatives like that. They do not pressure you to excel in life. In fact, they will give their support once you have made your choice. The rest is up to you to make good use of it.

Anyway after dinner, we always sit around to chit-chat. The seniors would usually talk about good old days and they talked bout my dad and his lifestyle when he was younger. I guess he will never change because that's his lifestyle for that long. I just have to be glad that he's home daily and spend time with the family when necessary.

Dear God, thank You for the dinner at my bro's home. Thank You for my family (Chris included) and relatives. They are always so encouraging and supportive to what I want to do. May You bless them with good health. May You help them to see Your love and know more about You. Thank you for my little nephew and may he be a filial boy when he grows up. I thank You for my mum and please help her to know You and Your love for her. Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
sporty tangee said...

He's 4 months plus. Not able to sit up yet.