On our way there, I was rather shocked with the amount of titbits and drinks that were purchased. A small part of the payment for the trip went towards miscellaneous items. I guess those would be the miscellaneous items.
When we reached the jetty, we had to wait for the boat to arrive. Life-vests were given out to all passengers on the boat. To my surprise, the boat had no covering. If it rained, we would all get wet. As the boat started to move along, we had spotted rain on the horizon! Ooops... Hope we would not get soaked by the rain.
Just as we were about to reach the kelong, the rain came and fell on us. Fortunately, I had my jacket and it could shelter my bag and me a fair bit.
Just as we were about to reach the kelong, the rain came and fell on us. Fortunately, I had my jacket and it could shelter my bag and me a fair bit.
Once we were there, lunch was served. Lunch was pretty good with 3 dishes and 1 soup. Quite like zhi char style and the seafood's really fresh. I really like the crabs coated in oats. Yummy!
The rest started to play Big 2, while the rest just sat around and chatted. By 2.30pm, we had to set off to Pulau Sibu for beach activity. What a waste as I didn't bring along my swimwear. Didn't get to go soak in the sea though. We did take my silly pictures at the beach though.
Then some of them started playing mahjong while we were back at the kelong. Quite a bore so I hung around and chatted with them.
We also went to look at other people who were fishing. It was told to us that it was a good time to catch squids in the evening (after 5pm). There were at least 6 squids caught at that time. Felt sad for them actually. They were struggling lots when they were caught and kept on the planks at the kelong. Some actually squirted black ink when they were first caught. I guess it's the natural instinct to protect themselves against the enemies.
One other person rented a rod and the rest started to take turns to fish but Lady Luck was not on our side so no one caught any fish.
We then celebrated the organiser's birthday. She would be turning to a big 3 that week so they were in the kelong for an advanced birthday celebration. Her present was a MP3.
I was too tired by 11pm so I dived into bed and was fast asleep. At 5 plus in the morning, I was awakened by noise. Someone caught a small shark and was frantically looking for his friend so as to take a camera to take a photograph. The picture shows the son of the one who caught the small shark.
Soon it was time to leave the kelong. It was after lunch. We reached the Causeway at 4pm and that was really early. It's my first time reaching the Causeway at such an early time. The traffic was smooth too.



No comments:
Post a Comment