Sunday, August 31, 2008

Batam Escapade - Day 2

I woke up at 6.45am (SG time) and it was only 5.45am in Indonesia. In fact, I was woken up by the phonecall. It was my colleague, asking me if I wanna swim. I decided to go for a swim since I was up but I was told that the pool would only open at 8am! My colleague then came up to my room and we played Pictionary while waiting.

As we saw more colleagues downstairs, we proceeded downstairs to carry on with the game. By 7.50am, we saw another lady swimming so we asked for permission and started to swim. In fact, the lady swam less than 15 minutes and she was gone. I managed to complete another 20 laps that day.

We then adjourned for our breakfast outdoors by the pool. It was a nice ambience with my colleagues (YL, CC, CT, LT). A quick shower in the room and then I was down by the pool to get some tan. The sun's really great but too bad, we had to assemble for team-building games. In fact, I just felt that the games were a bit waste of time as we could have organised better games. Anyway, the organisation paid so we would just participate and enjoy ourselves.

After that, we freshened up and adjourned to town for our dry goods shopping and lunch. The seafood lunch was good. We went then brought to the MegaMall to shop more. Instead of shopping, a few of us saw A&W and we hung around there for more makan.

Quite a number of colleagues bought donuts home. Apparently, the donuts there were half-priced, compared to Singapore prices.

I had about Rup$80000 left. It's equivalent of $10+. I really didn't know what to spend on. I only changed SGD$50. For the foot reflexology, I paid in SGD$.

Here's what I had spent on:
  • A box of 1.5kg Kueh Lapis for Rup$160000 (about SGD$26);
  • Fries and Rootbeer Float for Rup$35000 (about SGD$6);
  • Ikan Bilis for Mum Rup$30000 (about SGD$5).

Here's the pictures slideshow for your viewing pleasure.

Dear Lord, thank you for keeping safe in Batam. I pray that the friendships that I had made in Batam continue to blossom. Thank you for the friends who sent me home. May You continue to bless them with Your love. Amen.

No comments: