Sunday, August 3, 2008

Disappointed (with the View)

I met mum earlier for dinner before meeting my bro. Her friends and her were at the foodcourt in Raffles City Shopping Centre. There were a lot of food so I went there to finish up what's left.

We went up to New Asia Bar by 6pm and managed to get seats to look down at the parade.

National Day Parade Preview 08 from New Asia Bar

I was disappointed with the view because now the fireworks are displayed to the right of the platform, therefore, the view is blocked. I still have an enjoyable time with my family. My bro and sis-in-law were rushing to Tampines to attend another party so they left just when the fireworks ended. I texted my bro later and thanked him for the reservation. He said, "sister, brother... anytime". It brought a smile to my face. I wrote him a letter once after I had attended CHOICE Weekend. It had helped me to strengthen my relationship with my family members.

Anyway, on the way home after the displays, I was chatting with mum about many issues. Maybe we should book Equinox on 9th Aug to really see the fireworks display. This time round, I could invite Chris along so that she could enjoy the show too.

I will be going to a dog show tomorrow as my brother needs my help with his 2 dogs. In fact, I do not really like dogs after being bitten by two when I was young. I asked, CL, to go too as he has a dog. We would be meeting there.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day You had given me. I am glad that I had visited my late teacher's niche and I hope that his wife would continue to live life to the fullest. I pray that my bro and his family would enjoy good health and receive many blessings from You. I also pray that Chris would be able to attend mass this Saturday. Amen.

No comments: