Sunday, August 3, 2008

Feeling Uneasy...

Had to be at work by 7.15am today and I jumped up with a start at 6.25am! I rushed and managed to be at work by 7.20am. Phew... As I was collecting my materials for work, I was told that my partner this morning was on MC. I was told to cover her duties as well. At 7.30am, I was wondering if I should cover her duties in the early part as well. I was kinda frustrated that a stand-by was not available. I grumbled to the next person-in-charge and she helped me out a bit. Just when I was almost done with the first part of the job, I was told that the stand-by was available. Guess what? It's someone that I did not enjoy working with very much but I guess I had to be gracious and learnt to work with her.

After work today, I went to St. Ignatius Church. My inspiration idol had his ashes kept there. He's my teacher when I was in secondary school. He might be stern but he had a heart of gold. His ways of teaching were tough but it had helped mould me to be what I am today. I am always grateful for his teachings. Today's his 4th death anniversary. Time really flies... It just seems like I was with him conducting camps.

When I was at the columbarium, it was really quiet and peaceful. I did not feel a sense of fear or eerieness. Once I was in front of the niche, tears fell on its own. I could not control myself. As I was tearing, I said my prayers for him. As I was saying the usual prayer (Our Father, Hail Mary & Glory Be), I was filled with the Holy Spirit. As I was leaving the columbarium, the lift was waiting for me (it was opened). Just when I was walking to the lift, I heard someone called out "wei" but then there was no one around. I was wondering, "Was it my late teacher" or "Was it God"? I then left home to rest.

No comments: