I passed by Tiong Bahru MRT Station on my way home yesterday. I saw the pasar malam stalls! My eyes lit up! Heee.. However, I can't buy my favourite RAMLY burger as I had dinner with me. Anyway, I visited that area today and got my burger! I saw that they have fish burger! I do not have to break my fast. Yippee...I received 2 surprise emails too. Some time ago, I sent an mms to SPH for a contest and I have won 2 free tickets to watch Journey to the Centre of the Earth. It's a sneak preview on Tuesday at 7.30pm. I can be there on time as I would be at a conference on Tuesday. Anyone wants to catch the movie with me?
On Monday, I sent an online application for my passport as it's gonna expired in early part of the next year. It would be ready by Monday! I can go collect it already. ICA is really efficient with their services.
I am also looking forward to the fireworks display tomorrow at New Asia Bar. Just in case you do not know, it's the NDP Rehearsal tomorrow. I am sure we can see some of the flying displays too. My bro managed to book a few places there so that we can enjoy the fireworks display while sipping our drinks. It will be at a special blockout area. Great!
I also managed to purchase tickets for the Singapore Fireworks Celebrations on 23rd Aug. I made such a big boo boo on Tuesday. I went online to purchase tickets but then I selected 22nd Aug without realising till I had paid. I then bought what I need for 23rd Aug. Then I sent a message to "get rid" of the 22nd Aug tickets. Within half an hour, I have gotten numerous responses. Fastest fingers first so it would be sold to my colleague, E. At night when I got home, my mum told me that she wanted the tickets for her friend and her!! Argh... I had sold the tickets already so I had to buy 2 more tickets for her. The location of where I was sitting was full so I had to buy the seats of another block. It would be higher than what I had. I am just worried about her walking so many steps up. A friend contacted me and I bought 9 tickets for her on 22nd Aug. Seems like there's still many tickets left for 22nd. Then last night, my friend (CL) told me that his wife would be able to go for the fireworks celebration on the 23rd Aug so I had to buy one more ticket. The seat would be 2 rows away from us and 6 seats away so that's not too bad. After I had purchased that ticket, the whole block was sold out! Then I realised that I should have bought the single ticket nearest to mum so that I can sit near her. I have checked that the next available seat in my mum's block, it's only 6 seats away from her! Ai ya... I should have done that. See, what a blunder I had made.Dear Lord, thank you for the time that I would be spending with my family. I pray that the time spent will be meaningful interactions between the family. I also thank you for planting these surprises in my life. It's was indeed pleasant. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment