Monday, August 4, 2008

Learning to be Encouraging...

Went for breakfast before going to mass with church friend. We then went to pick SG up before proceeding to church. SG commented on friend's car. It's nice! So I told him that, "At least someone appreciated your car." When I said that, SG asked, "sportzie doesn't like it, is it?" I kept quiet. I was not sure what he thought of that.

We were early as mass had not ended yet. Friend managed to get a car lot when the previous group came out. I saw another church friend (BL) and he has changed his car to a Mercedes two-door sports car! I fell in love with it immediately and told him about it. I will post the picture once I get the model and made right.

It was a fruitful mass. I was touched once again, especially with the hymns. Felt the body all warm when I was trembling. It's the work of the Holy Spirit. I could not help but say prayers in tongues. I am still not confident praying in tongues audible enough. After I had received the holy communion, tears just flowed out of my eyes during prayer. I must work hard to be faithful and loving to God as He's ever so forgiving and merciful.

During the sharing session, the priest talked bout EVANGELISM and each alphabet meant a value.
  • Encouraging
  • Valuing
  • Affimation
  • Nourishment
  • Generosity
  • Energising
  • Loving
  • Imitating
  • Sharing
  • Mentoring
I shared with the group that I want to be more Encouraging at the moment. I have to do that towards my friends and colleagues. Just like when a friend bought a car and the design wasn't too nice, I had often put him down. It must have hurt him when me to say that. Moreover, at work, I need to be more encouraging towards my colleagues as sometimes, I feel that they might not have done things right but they could have done their best and yet, I still doubt their ability. I should have more faith in the work they do. I will try to put in more effort to be more encouraging.

I went to mass with church friend at Tiong Bahru. On our way there, he asked if his grandpa had his lunch. We then went to pick him up before proceeding to Tiong Bahru. He had a shock when he saw his grandson's car. The look on his face was really priceless. We had a good chat in the car and also while eating. He must be really lonely especially now there's no one at home to talk to him. He just need to find someone to talk to. He was lamenting that now, he doesn't know how to cook anymore.

It's quite sad when one spouse goes to meet the Lord first and the other has to be on earth to carry on life. Life has to go on as usual but for some, it's harder to move on especially you have each other for more than 60 years. I guess we just have to trust the one up there so that we can live life easier with His grace.

We then accompanied his grandpa to go grocery shopping at NTUC. What I like about my friend's character is that he's filial enough to take care of his loved ones. He doesn't use money to show his love but it's his actions that touched me. On the other hand, he's quite bochup towards friends sometimes.

No comments: