Monday, August 4, 2008

National Dog Walk 2008

I went to the NDW with my bro, sis-in-law and their pets - Mickey and Junior. I had to rush home, change my gear, bring my blades and get to his place. When I was on my way home, my mum called me to rush me. She was not even going and she was so "kan cheong" about it.

When I was there, the 2 furry friends became the centre of attraction. Some took pictures and some "cooed" over the 2 of them. I met a friend, CQ, there as well with her pet, Willow. My sis-in-law collected samples of dog food and some other freebies that come with the registration while my bro and I hung around. We even went for a walk around the park. It was a fast walk as I was holding Junior. It had a never-be-last attitude to it walked quite fast. After that, the 2 dogs went for their grooming session - cutting of fur, cleaning of ears and butt, cutting the nails as well.

National Dog Walk 08 @ West Coast Park

We then sat to watch the dog competitions and some were really well-trained. There was also a Singapore Birthday celebration with the National Anthem and Pledge-Taking. The birthday cake was specially baked for the dogs' consumption. It had figurines of dogs on it!

It was quite a frightening experience for me as firstly, I was afraid of dogs (I was bitten by dogs twice when I was young). Secondly, there's so many dogs present so I was afraid they would sniff and lick (which sometimes I dislike). Fortunately, the dogs were all leashed.

Just to share with you, my bro saw this sign at NDW 08 first. We had a good laugh. Anyone wants to lease the furry friends?

No comments: