Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Battery Died and Errands to Run...

My lappie battery died on me yesterday. The signal has turned to orange and it's blinking and blinking. When I power on the lappie using the battery, it refused to start-up. Only when the AC power was plugged in, the Windows started. Hmm... I think the battery has reached the end of its journey. Rest in peace, my battery.

At lunch today, I made a quick phonecall to the service centre to find out what went wrong with the battery. I was advised that the battery shelf life has ended. I made enquiries to purchase a new one and actually got the sales person to reserve one for me.

During lunch, I was also informed by M, that my application for my studies is on unconditional offer. Hooray! I could now send in my other applications. I shall get my documents ready and send it in by next week.

I also managed to speak to the someone from the HR who could advise me on the matters related to my application. Thank goodness, this lady is nice and at the end of the day, I received an email from her with my request.

After work, I went to Raffles Place to meet A to get some documents signed. Last weekend, we were so busy to meet up. Timing was just not right for us. At the meeting, she said something about what's troubling me and that was my sentiments also. Anyway, it was reassuring to hear that from her.

Next, I had to drop by Funan Centre to get the new battery. I opted for a 3-cell battery, partly it was due to cost and partly, I do not think I need such a long-lasting battery for now. I enquired in another shop and found out that it was $10 cheaper. Therefore, I went back to the original shop and bargained a little and I got mine at about $160. Yippee...

After the visit to Funan, I was at Orchard to pay for my treatment services that I utilised yesterday. I had left my card at home so the sales staff was nice enough to let me pay up today.

Just as I was walking to the venue, J called me. He wanted to meet me before I go off for my studies. Well, he's been "sending me aeroplanes" so I am not sure if I wanna meet up with him. We'll see how it goes then.

Then it was dinner at bro's place. I got to see nephew, Y, and he's quite strong with his legs by now. He's at the stage where teeth are growing and he could walk around with his walker. When I was there, he kept wanting to take mom's watch. When he could not get it, he pretended to cry and wanted someone to carry him. We did not want to pamper him so we did not and he cried even louder and kept looking at the helper. We told the helper, C, not to pamper him.

Dinner was sumptuous but it was far too late for our diet. Mum bought extra food as extra dishes for the 5 of us. After dinner, I managed to talk to my brother about the house, the application for studies and also the event management stuffs about the event that I am organising. I must say it was a well-spent time.

Dear Lord, thank you for the people whom I met along the way or those I spoke to today. I pray that they have experienced Your grace and love when I passed them by. May You shower blessings on the HR lady, the sales person, the guy over the phone (for my lappie), M who replied me about my application and the technical guy who replied me via email (about my lappie). Please show them the way to know You better. I also thank you for my family and friends who are always so supportive of things that I do. Without them, I will not be able to stand on my own. I pray that those who do not know You will one day know how great You are. Amen.

No comments: