Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A Busy Day...

I was invited to Bt Batok for a Deepavali lunch by one of my ex-classmates. Before I went to the bus-stop, I passed by the confectionary

When I was there, a lady was talking aloud to his grandson in Mandarin, "How come you didn't see behind when you walk?"

The sales lady laughed and called out to the grandma, "How can you ask your grandson to see behind when he walks because he has no eyes behind!" I was grinning and it took a few seconds for the grandma to realise her mistake.

I took a long ride to BB as there's a direct bus from home to BB. It took slightly less than an hour on the TIBS bus.

While I was on the bus, nearing BB, the bus took a sharp turn to the right and a lady fell from her seat onto the aisle. Her companion who sat behind him, tried to grab her but also fell and near me. I rushed to support him up. It was a terrifying sight as my heart was still beating quickly. Fortunately, the couple was not injured.

I was at West Mall by 11.20am so that we could buy some gifts for our host. Just before stepping into the shopping mall, I saw that my facial products are on sale at 20% discount. I decided to stock up on them.

It was about $115 for all 4 bottles. If there's no discount, it would cost me about $150. It was a good deal!

KL and I were sent to V's house for the lunch. We all forgot to take a group picture when we were there. What a miss...

I then followed J and her hubby to Suntec as I was too early for my 4pm appointment. I bought a sweater at Bodynits and it's only $20. Value for money! I hardly could find any long-sleeve top that fits my arms. Thereafter, we went to walk around the atrium and I saw luggages on sale. I don't remember seeing those big-sized luggages that mum has at home. It's about $170 for that particular luggage size that I want. Morevoer, I like those hard-shelled ones but mum would surely disagree.

On my way to my next appointment, which is my facial, the sky looked gloomy. Fortunately or unfortunately, the sky started to pour when I was on the bus. I had to use Plan B to get to my destination. Alighted at Somerset MRT Station, took a train to Orchard MRT Station, took the underpass from Tangs to Scotts and finally to Wheelock. Luckily, I was there on time.

After my facial, I made appointment for one month's time to use up my reward points. I have enough reward points for 2 sessions of exfoliation scrub and 1 hour massage. I would redeem the other one nearer to Christmas.

I also hopped over to Marks and Spencer as there's a sale of undergarments. I like some of those but then it doesn't have my size I guess I shall look out for the next sale.

Dear Lord, thank you for the invitation to V's house for the Deepavali lunch. Although the journey to her home was far, the meeting was enjoyable as I got to meet the friends that I hardly had time to meet. Thank You for the opportunity. Please bless V so that she will get to know You one day and grant her the wishes that she wants, according to Your will. Amen.

No comments: