Friday, October 10, 2008

Sacrifice - Bob Fits

As usual, I had to stay back later due to extra duties on Thursday. My colleague, SS, had to be in Orchard after work as she would be having dinner with her boyfriend to celebrate their anniversary. She gave me a lift to Orchard and I made my own way to church. I told her that I would be buying breakfast for her tomorrow.

Today we learnt about the Jews learning to be faithful so as to follow Christ again. We got to read about Macabees which is excluded in the Protestant's bible.

Before the lesson ended, A showed us a video titled "Sacrifice". It is performed by Bob Fits. The story in the background is about Abraham offering his son as a sacrifice. God also sacrificed His son so that we could all turn against sins and turn up the cross and follow Him. It's a touching video. Watch it here.

Dear Lord, thank you for sending an angel to me today who sent me on a journey halfway closer to church. I thank you for increasing my knowledge about my own faith. Help me to pass the knowledge on to someone who wants to know more about you. Today, I had some trouble at work and I felt discouraged. I thank you for this discouragement that I had gone through. It has helped me to be more patient and more trusting towards You. You made it happen for a reason and I must learn to accept all done according to Your will. Amen.

No comments: