How did Stations of the Cross came about? It is also called the Way of the Cross, Via Crucis, and Via Dolorosa. These names are used to signify either a series of pictures or tableaux representing certain scenes in the Passion of Christ, each corresponding to a particular incident, or the special form of devotion connected with such representations. You can visit this site to find out more.
It was my first time completing Stations of the Cross at St. Joseph's Church. It was indeed an eye-opener for me. According to R, the statues were given a fresh coat of paint and it was recently refurbished at about $250,000. Wow! You can view the pictures below.
Visit to St. Joseph's Church & Church St. Mary of the Angel
(RCIA Class 08) - 5th Oct 08
(RCIA Class 08) - 5th Oct 08
We then went on to visit Church of St. Mary of the Angels at Bukit Batok. It really looks very modern. Today's the feast of St. Francis so there was the blessing of animals. Many dogs turned up for the blessing. I was impressed with the baptism font at the front of the church.
After the visit, we went back to church and got ready for evening mass. L and SG were with me for mass.
L sent me to my bro's home after mass and we talked about my time of departure to OZ next year. I told him it would be before his birthday. He did not say anything after that. Anyway, I didn't want to tell him what my colleague said when she was talking to him about it.
After the visit, we went back to church and got ready for evening mass. L and SG were with me for mass.
L sent me to my bro's home after mass and we talked about my time of departure to OZ next year. I told him it would be before his birthday. He did not say anything after that. Anyway, I didn't want to tell him what my colleague said when she was talking to him about it.
Dear Lord, thank you for the wonderful visit that you have arranged for us. It was a beautiful day for us. It was raining heavily in the late morning but the sky had cleared up just before I left the house. At the places of visit, the ground was in fact dry and it was a bit cloudy with some sun so it made the walking bearable. Thank you for the wonderful weather that You gave us today. I also thank you for sending the catechumens to be there in church with us for the visit. I pray that You will continue to guide those who did not turn up and please grant them the knowledge to know You better. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment