Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Artwork...

Today's a public holiday so dad was home. We had made plans to paint my brother's room as the room would be rented out. We did not start the "artwork" till 2pm. I was pretty satisfied with the wall I had painted. After that, I left dad to do the major painting whereas I did the touch up to the corners and also to repaint the 2nd coat.

As I was painting the walls, I had realised that dad is indeed getting older. He could no longer climb up and down the step-ladder easily. He could no longer paint the walls as thorough as before. Although we were quite quiet as we painted the room, I know he appreciated my presence and I was glad that I could help. In fact, I was amazed at myself that I offered my help to complete certain tasks. Usually, I would be the grumbling daughter.

At the end of the artwork, I had little spots all over my arms and some parts of my leg. It's the result of the paint droplets. I guess I would have to use the scrub later to scrub off the spots. I was just hoping that no spot dripped onto my toe-nails. I just did my pedicure yesterday!

By evening time, we were a bit worn out. Dad had completed the ceiling as well. I would complete the touch-up on another day.

Bro called up that his family and he would meet us for dinner. By 6.30pm, mum came home and we got ready for dinner.

It was a busy affair at dinner as everyone was playing with Y. Then I saw M at the coffeeshop. She's waiting for her hubby, W, for dinner as he had gone home for a bath. Then Aunty D, her family and 2 neighbours came down for dinner. They could not find any seats so they decided to go to TB for dinner instead.

Although the dinner was only an hour, it was time well-spent. We discussed about the date of family portrait and also the date of Y's birthday celebrations.

Dear Lord, thank you for the great time I had spent with my dad, painting the room. I also thank you for the opportunity to spend time with my family, having dinner. I pray that You will take good care of them and pray they will be blessed with good health. Thank you for having C with us in the family. May she takes good care of Y and I pray that she will learn more about You and be an instrument of Your love to my brother's family. Amen.

No comments: