Went to work at 10am today for a meeting with my committee. As usual, meeting did not start on time. Just fed up with the working attitude of my committee. If you know that you have some documents for the committee, shouldn't you come into the office earlier to get it done before the meeting? In the end, I had to keep repeating the instructions.
One of the committee member had to allocate staff into 5 major groups for activities. When she showed us the list, I gave my recommendations that 2 males could not be in a group but she insisted on keeping them in that group with her explanations. I would leave her to explain to the staff tomorrow, should they query.
Another of the committee member was supposed to get the medical forms printed before official work starts tomorrow, however, it was not done. I think she expected me to do it. I had handed all my work to her before the break started in December. I shall leave her to get them all printed today.
By the time we started to do the work we were supposed to do today, it was almost 1.30pm. What kind of efficiency is that? Anyway, I managed to get them to complete the PPT that would be needed for tomorrow's presentation. Anyway, I had handed all my work to them so I shall leave them to do whatever.
I was late for the meeting with YT. I didn't feel like going in the first place. I knew YT during the IRC days. We were from the same big organisation but in a different branch. He then resigned fromt the organisation and went to Canada to complete his masters and now back in SG. Since I would be leaving in Feb, he suggested meeting up.
I kinda imagined how he would look like but he looked more studious than what I had expected. His pants were higher up the navel and he kept pulling it up on and off. Quite a put-off actually. He suggested going to Tiong Bahru to have dinner. I wouldn't mind since it's near to my home bu he should have told me earlier so I could go there directly.
We went to take a bus to Tiong Bahru from Central NLB. Anyway, he was fidgety with his mannerisms. As we were walking to the bus-stop, he was also humming songs on and off and it was quite audible. When we were on the bus, he was talking quite loudly and the conversation was nothing but about our organisation. Really a turn-off...
I am not sure if it's because of his exposure to the western culture or he's being too liberal, he tried a few times to be touchy by looking at my palms, checking our skin tones. I was just not comfortable with his touches.
At dinner, he grumbled that the hawker centre at TB was not very "happening" at night with a limited number of stalls opened. He could not make up his mind what to eat and commented that he had just recovered. I suggested fishball noodles but he kept saying he would prefer something else. If he preferred something else, he shouldn't have even told me about recently recovered. Waste of my breath...
In the end, he chose Bak Kut Teh which I thought was not very ideal for someone who had just recovered from an illness. I let him go get his food first while I waited. What a loser... After dinner, he managed to be score a few brownie points for buying desserts but that was still not enough to redeem the bad behaviour earlier on.
During dinner, he asked which bus service would I be taking home. In order to pacify him, I told him another service which I later realised I should not have because that's the same service he could take to go home too. Argh... He wanted to take pictures after dinner. I turned away and hid my face. I didn't want to have him "tagged" me on FB.
With the pretext of catching my TV show at 8pm, I told him I had to leave. He asked me again which bus service I would take, I told him I would wait for another service number which was nearer for me. Then he kept pestering me to take the same bus with him, I told him whichever came first. Somehow, the bus service that he was to take came first. Argh... I just refused to budge and board the bus with him. He was tugging and trying to pull my arm to board the bus with him. I just said," No, no... I would take the other bus". I think he was disappointed but I didn't care. I didn't even want to look at him after he had boarded the bus. Hmm... It's a big time turn-off.
He's just a year older than me but he behaved so differently from the friends I know who's at that age. I was just thinking: If my future boyfriend's gonna be in this category, I'd think I would wish that the hole swallows me up. Is my expectation too high or what? I remembered when I met AP, he was also not those in my category but I try not to expect too much from him. Still, the relationship did not take off. Maybe I demanded too much from AP? I remembered I had to do self-talk to myself about accepting AP.
Dear Lord, thank you for the meeting at work and with YT. May You continue to bless them with good health. For my colleagues, I hope that they would continue to work together with a team and help the department to grow, be successful and contribute to the whole organisation. I also pray for YT that he might find the woman of his life, although I did not know what happen to his previous gf. I pray that You will bless these people with health too. Amen.
Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment