Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Official Work...

I didn't slept till 2.30am due to some last minute work. I woke up at 6.30am to get to the office because work would commence at 8am. I wanted to be there earlier to complete some more work.

As expected, I was told to take over one of my colleague's workload because she was still on maternity leave. I would not have to wear any sports attire for the whole of next month. It's purely academics. Quite boring but at least I could go out after work because work would be from 6.45am to 3.00pm. I would not have any other duties and appointments. Yippee...

Anyway, we had to work till 5.45pm today due to the many meetings and discussions.

I then went to PP with 2 other colleagues. I did tell them I didn't want a Western dinner and they suggested Japanese dinner which something I loved. That's great. During dinner, I discussed religion with one of them (CC) and surprisingly, she was not resistant about it but then she's not one to explore and gain more knowledge bout Christ. According to her, she believed in God because He had healed her of certain flaws and issues. Moreover, she felt that her pastor was interpreting the bible correctly. I went on to question her more but she flatly told me that she didn't question the higher authorities on that.

While CC went for pedicure, YL and I went to shop around and I shared with YL about the Catholic Faith. After walking around for an hour, another colleague (JL) called me to check our whereabouts. In 10 minutes time, 4 of ue met up at Giant. I managed to buy a baking tray from Giant too. I would be able to make use of the baking tray for my mini tuna snacks. Yippee...

On my way home, CC texted me if I could remember the name of the cab company that fetched her home. She had left her shoes that she had just purchased in the cab. She hoped to recover her shoes.

Dear Lord, thank you for the time I spent at work and with friends. I pray that You will take good care of them and help CC to recover her lost shoes. Amen.

No comments: