On our way home, we went to the Fish Market shop to buy fish! Snapper was at $38 per kg! Wow... That's expensive but I wanna abstain from meat the next 2 days so I persuaded M to eat it. Anyway, we bought 800g of snapper for $20. We shall have it for 2 meals. It's a big piece of meat which is as long as the knife.
I took an hour plus nap before heading out to meet LL for Maundy Thursday mass in the city. It was really cold so I was wearing a 3/4 sleeve top (from Cotton On - really cheap @ $7) with an Espirit jacket (from KC). It felt warm after that.
At least I recognise 2 of the songs that were played at mass. Washing of the feet was slightly different because instead of getting communion ministers to be the "disciples", it was 12 layperson from the congregation and they were seated in pairs around the altar. After the priest washed their feet, each individual then went on to wash another person's feet (who was in the congregation). Mass ended at about 8.15pm and we adjourned to dinner!
It was drizzling slightly when we left the church. Luckily, LL bought an umbrella along and we shared. We chanced upon Bubbles at Queen St Mall and decided to have dinner there. I would rather sit indoor than outdoor, given the low temperatures in the atmosphere.
We ordered a battered fish and a Fettucine Napolitan and shared it. Food was great and the company was great too. Just as we left, we went to check out the lounge upstairs. It's a small lounge but it seemed cosy with some sofa settee and a sofa. We were discussing that we should go back to the restaurant one day to try out the desserts and hang out at the lounge.
When I was on my way home from the train station, it was still drizzling at my place. Luckily, I had some newspaper on hand to cover my head and jog home. Yes, JOGGED home...
As I had recharged my prepaid SIM card, I could call home to chat with me. We chatted for half an hour and I was asking her about recipes. Anyway, it was great catching up with her.
I then had a chat with M and he said that it's scary to be alone at home at night because it was already dark at 6.30pm. Ha... Didn't know he's scared of darkness.
I was told by LL that she had left her thumbdrive in the printshop! Oh no! I hope that a kind soul would return the thumbdrive to the assistants in the shop. She would only be able to check if she could find her thumbdrive from the shop on Tuesday because it's public holiday all the way to Monday.
I texted RN if she wanted to attend Good Friday Mass with LL and I tomorrow and she said that she would be there with some of our Catholic friends. Hmmm... I shall meet them in church tomorow then.
Dear Lord, thank you for the reminder at Mass today. We have to be humble in our dealings with others and you have been forgiving to us time and time again. I pray that You will continue to guide us to do right, to forgive others when others hurt us and to have humility in our way of life. I thank you for the company at mass and the people whom I came in contact with today. May You guide them with wealth of wisdom and knowledge to know You. I also pray for the catechumens and candidates who would be baptised tomorrow. May You continue to shower Your love upon them and let them experience joy, peace and love as they joined the Catholic Church tomorrow. I also pray that You comfort LL as she's feeling upset for losing the thumbdrive that had sentimental value. Also, teach her to see You in others who come her way. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment