At 1.42pm, I left for the city to meet LL for 3pm mass. I had to be early because the train runs on every half an hour and we were afraid that the church would be crowded if we were late.
On our way past Queen St Mall, we saw a table set up for balloon sculpting. The stall owners were creative people if you could see what they came up with. Cool!
At the start of the mass when the archbishop laid on the ground to pray, I felt a tingling session intensely. It's like I could sense the presence of the Holy Spirit around me. Since it was Good Friday, the organ was not being played so the congregation had to follow the choir in hymns and it was beautiful singing in the church. It was touching at some parts for me.
On my way home, I texted M to inform him that I was going home for dinner. He informed me that he would be joining YL for a movie. He called me while I was in the train tunnel and invited me to join him and YL and her friend for a movie in the city. I told him that I would decide when I get home. After that phonecall, I was considering if I should go. I thought of giving him a chance with YL and her friend. Haa... I've decided that if it's an expensive ticket, I would not want to go. But when I got home, he persuaded me to go with him and I relented.
Since I had to skip dinner at home, I was hungry so bought Mackkers before meeting YL and her friend. We then met up and walked to Palace Cinema and the show had already started. The clay animation was "Mary and Max". The story is about the friendship between Mary and Max. Beautiful, entertaining and yet quite sad in certain scenes. At the ticketing counter, I also found a promotion - 3 movies for the price of 2 from 9 to 22 April. We had a quick discussion, then we could have 3 movies at $8 each. Still not too bad, I guess.
After the movie, we went to have some drinks but since it's Good Friday, we could not because in the hospitality industry in Aust, patrons could not have an alcoholic drink without having a meal in a restaurant. Argh... Thus we didnt' drink except YL since she had decided to have her meal. Moreover, her friend-cum-housemate didn't bring an ID and she was the one who wanted a drink in the first place.
After that, we parted ways and went to Central Station to discover that we had missed the train. Since it's a public holiday, the timetable for train would be for Sunday. Oh shucks! The last train was actually 10.30pm!
We then changed plan to head towards the City Cat terminal in the city after we found out from YL that the last ferry would be 12.15am. We then took the ferry back to uni and then walked home. By the time we were home, it was about 1.20am. What a day...
Dear Lord, thank you for the time I spent in church today with LL and You. You died for us so that we could have eternal life. Thank You, Jesus. Continue to guide us to have faith and fill us with love and be grateful to what You have done for us. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment