Sunday, April 12, 2009

Holy Saturday...

I started cooking lunch at 11am so that we could have an early lunch and then I could prepare fried rice to bring to LL's place. M and I would be going to her place to prepare food for the Easter party at night.

We only managed to leave the house at 1.35pm because the cooking at home took a long time. Once we got to LL's place, we wasted no time and started preparing the Chicken Rice and the fish fingers. When we were about to leave the house, we realised that we were one hour early!! Haa.. What a silly mistake we made. I then remembered about the candle-holder so we made it using the egg casing. Interesting actually...


By the time we reached the church, we realised that the procession would not be held because it was drizzling. Oh shucks! We did not get seats with a good view because we were late.

At the Easter Vigil mass, we realised that the catechumens had to be baptised at the back of the church because the font was behind! We could only hear but could not see what they were doing. Sighs... What a missed opportunity for the non-Catholics not being able to witness the baptism.

After mass, I met up with the rest of the church friends and we had a group picture infront of the altar. Nice!

We then adjourned to M's place for the Easter party. The spread of food was good and the company was great too. I enjoyed myself a lot.


Happy Easter to one and all

It was already after 12am when the four of us decided to go off. M, LY and I would be going to LL's home to spend the night there. No one seems to be on the same way as us. We decided to catch a cab but it was raining! Luckily, we managed to hail one after 5 mins in the rain. Fortunately, the cab fare was shared by 4 of us. It was less than 10 minutes ride and it cost $10. That's how expensive taxi-ride can be in Brisbane.

LY, LL and I were playing mahjong till almost 2 plus and my eyes were about to close. I told them that I had to go sleep and left the 2 of them to play. By then M was already sleeping. In the midst of my consciousness, I heard M talking to them and I carried on my sleep. Apparently, they stayed up almost the whole night while I was happily snuggling under the blanket. It was only my toes that were cold.

I woke up at 5.30am when M was about to go to sleep. Had a quick chat with the girls to realise that they were talking about sensitive issues and that's why M disappeared and went to sleep. Hahaa...

I persuaded LY to go get some sleep as I could see that LL was sleepy. We all finally went to sleep at about 6am.

We stayed on at LL's place for lunch before going home. It was a long night.

I tried making pork chops with sweet and sour sauce for dinner. It tasted not too bad. I shall have fried the pork in a whole piece and only cutting it into slices after frying. I cut it up before frying and that made me do more work. I shall remember it the next time.

No comments: