Thursday, April 23, 2009

Unhappiness (Best Buddy's and Mine)

2 days before, I spoke to M about the door not locking properly. I was upset when he raised his voice at me. Come on... I had already told him that I was not angry about the door but just to inform him that it was not closed properly for 2 occasions. He was the one in-charge of the door. He didn't have to raise his voice at me.

Anyway, during dinner yesterday as we were chatting, I asked him if he had a temper. He admitted that he had a quick temper and gets frustrated with people easily at times. I spoke my mind and told him about my unhappiness the day before. I felt so much better after unloading my unhappiness.

Today, I spoke to my best buddy. She shared with me about her SIL's pregnancy. On one hand, she felt happy for her and on the other hand, she was sad. I tried my best to comfort her and shared with her about God in our lives. I also shared with her about the Catholic group that I was in. I was glad that I was able to lift her up. We had quite a long chat while I was in the library. It must be God's plan that I had brought my lappie to school. After she had unloaded her unhappiness and she felt so much better. Like I had told her, she must still trust God even though it's difficult at times.

I also gave her some pointers to say prayers. I felt that it was ordinary prayers but she felt that it was powerful. I have been taught that we just have to speak to God like having a normal conversation with Him and that would be good enough. That's what I have been doing and I was glad to be an instrument of God to her.

In fact, I just saw her pictures with our mutual church friends earlier this week. I am glad that she has been serving the church now, something which was not possible a few years ago.

When I was in the lib, I got a text from M that he had injured his knee again. He had already injured it before in March and now it's further aggravated. When I got to finally see him, I think it's really bad this time. It was swollen and he had difficulty walking. I waited for him to complete his last lesson before we headed home. We took 20 minutes to walk on the bridge and that's double the time we usually take. I just hope that the swelling would go down and that he would feel lesser pain.

Dear Lord, thank you for the time spent for speaking to my good buddy. I pray that You would comfort her and take away her unhappiness and sadness. Thank you for giving her a loving husband and may her marriage be as solid as a rock even though things did not turn out smoothly. Please help her to trust in You even though things are not going her way. Sometimes we humans are very much like doubting Thomas. Please take away our doubts and let us have faith in You. Lord, I also pray for my best buddy's husband - that he will have the strength and faith to carry out his duty as a husband for my best buddy. I also pray for M who would be experiencing swelling and discomfort in the next few days in his kness. I pray that the swell would go down and that he could regain his normal walking soon. I hope that through this experience, M would learn that You are there for him even though the injury happen. Please take care of him. Amen.

1 comment:

Vee said...

thank you for the conversation. i am really blessed to be able to pour it out to you than anyone else. i think it's a blessing as usually my stupid msn don't work that well but somehow today, it amazed me that i can chat with you over at least 1/2 hour without getting disconnected!

i am feeling much better now and i am praying for my SIL for her safe pregancy.

Thank you pal.. *muaks*