I felt so helpless when M mentioned that he was in pain. M really had problems walking about in the house. He resorted to taking his chair with wheels and wheeled himself around the house. Anyway, since he was so much in pain yesterday, I cooked dinner and washed up on my own. I was happy to do it and he tried his best to prepare the rice.
In the morning, I could not do much for him but to make him breakfast. I did left him a note though. While I was in the lib studying, I got a text from him that he would not be going to school. I guess the strain on his knees were too much for him to bear. He felt sore and too lazy to walk the long distance. There's a good walk of about 15 minutes from the bus-stop outside uni to our faculty building. That would be 30 minutes for him since he's injured.
I had my Biomech quiz today. I tried my best to memorise the calculations. I must say I did spend my 3 hours in the lib efficiently. The quiz was rather easy because some of the questions were replicated from the practice questions that were given to us before the holidays.
After that, LL and I went to the city. M and I had plans to go to the city today to buy his monthly concession ticket but since he was stuck at home, I had decided to get it for him instead. Anyway, it was a great time hanging out in the city with LL. I was window-shopping till my legs ache. Sometimes when I get to the city with M, I felt that I could not shop at my own pace and at peace because he was there. I just didn't like to go shopping with guys. I do not like to make them wait.
Before heading home, both of us went to Wooly's to get some groceries. We saw Tim Tams at 2 for $4. It's quite a good buy so I had decided to buy 2 after consulting M. Apparently, LL bought more groceries than me! I also bought the recipe book from Taste. I will try my hand at more recipes.
While I was still at the supermarket, M on his own accord, took out the chicken bones and pork chop to defrost. I msut compliment him on that. Soon it was time for dinner and I had prepared carrot and potato soup with chicken stock, stir-fry 白菜, pork chop with curry sauce. Sedap... M did his part by helping me to cut the vegetables for soup and stir-fry. He also took his "wheelchair" to the kitchen and washed up the rice for dinner. Not bad, I must say. It was a funny sight to see him sitting down to wash the rice though.
I spoke to AK for a short while. She told me that there's a guy in my pictures that looked quite alright so I was interested to know who was the one. I don't remember that I have that many guy friends in the pictures I took so I jokingly asked if it was my housemate that she was referring to. She identified him on Facebook but I could not find the picture that she had mentioned. Later, she told me his name and I had a good laugh. It was indeed my housemate that she was referring to. I told her that my housemate is very young and she was surprised. She said that he looked way too mature. Haa... I also told her that in real life, people did mistaken him for someone at 20 years old. Then she commented that he's not very photogenic. That was a conversation that tickled me very much.
I am just wondering, if he's not injured, would I do so much for him?
Dear Lord, thank you for this day that You have given me. I thank you for the easy quiz that I took today. The questions were similar to those that I have been practising and no calculations were needed. Thank you, thank you. Thank you for the friendship with LL. I hope that she would be comforted by you as she felt unhappy as she felt she did not do too well for her exams. Amen.
Friday, April 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment