Later on, he changed his mind and went out together with me to meet LL for dinner. JS also texted me to say that she would meet me later at night. As for JM and CC, they were already out so too late to inform them to bring passport and dress more formally. Apparently the club that we wanted to go requires Smart Formal as dresscode.
M, LL and I walked to the back of Fortitude Valley and we found a Mexican restaurant. It seems nice and I found the prices quite reasonable. I think it was first time that M went to a Mexican restuarant so he did not know what to order. I ordered the Chicken Mexican and shared it with him. Fortunately, it was enough for 2 pax. M invited CY to join us too. I found that that it was the first time CY went out on his own because he usually hangs out with his best buddy and they travel by car.
Interestingly, there's weekend charges at $10/person if a main course is not ordered. Anyway, we had appetisers so that was enough to cover the weekend charges. M and the rest treated me to dinner that night.
After dinner, we proceeded to this pub called Kaliber. The music that was played was really retro. I didn't mind it and enjoyed the company that night. The drink for me that night was Libertine Gentleman - not bad.
Anyway, JS came much later - almost 11.30pm and she brought along 2 visiting friends from Singapore and guess what? They are tennis juniors from school. I didn't know them personally but we all know KW. I guess KW mentioned to them about me before because KW and I often go to St. John's camp together as old girls.
JS was nice enough to send everyone home and she came back to the Valley to pick us up at almost 1am. LL came to our home that night so that we could go to church the next morning together. She stayed up to watch "The Duchess" while I slept. I had watched it the week before. By the time we hit the bed, it was almost 4am.
Dear Lord, thank you for the friends who came to celebrate my birthday with me. Although there was no formal annoucement of birthday, I still enjoyed myself very much. I really appreciate their presence that night. I pray that You will bless them with happiness and joy too as much as I have received it through them. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment