Thursday, August 6, 2009

Steamboat Last Night...

There was a steamboat dinner at my place last night. It was a long-awaited steamboat gathering. It was supposed to be held during the semester break but we were all busy, especially CC and JL who were moving to a new place. We managed to coordinate and all were invited to my place.

Frankly speaking, my place only has cutlery and crockery enough for 6 persons. In the end, I had to ask a few friends to supply more cutlery. I did not have any rice-cooker so I had to borrow from CC and JL to make the steamboat pot. I also had to borrow 2 big pots from my neighbour downstairs to make the chicken stock for the steamboat. I also had to borrow 6 more chairs to fit into my living room! It was quite crowded that night but it was good.

I prepared pork, beef, fish, corn, fishballs, fishballs with roe, rice and soft drinks. It was nothing too fanciful but at least, I managed to fill everyone's stomach.

I forgot that one of my friends, LY, does not eat beef and I wanted to prepare the food separately for her but she declined. I was really apologetic. CC brought along her girlfriend for dinner and we found out that she seemed to come from a quite well-to-do family.

By the time dinner ended, it was almost 10pm. I managed to persuade LL to stay over for the night, else she would be going home on her own and I did not feel safe for her. M's friend, CY, also stayed with us for the night so that M and him could go to uni together the next day.

Dear Lord, thank you for the fantastic dinner I had tonight. It was good to meet up and catch up with friends whom I first knew in Brisbane. I pray that You will continue to keep them safe and help them to do well in their studies. For one of them, I pray that she will find a job soon and maintain a reasonable lifestyle here in Brisbane. I pray that You will lead her back to Your side with the help of me. Make me an instrument to bring her back to Your loving ways. Amen.

No comments: