Decided not to drop by office today as I had brought the laptop home yesterday. Will work from home this weekend.
Cycled to River Valley today to send my bicycle for servicing. It has been at least 7 years since I have bought the bike and I have not brought it for servicing at all. Shall spent a bit more for a complete overhaul.
This is what will be done to my bike.
*Recommended for bikes after 5000km of use or every 12 months, whichever is earlier. This coincides with the average life span of chain, rear cogs and front chain rings. What does it include?
• Inspect the bike for problems by removing the wheels, chain, front/rear derailleurs, cranks and bottom bracket.
• Give the frame a wipe-over, clean the headset bearings of dirt.
• Clean and lubricate the front and rear derailleurs
• Lubricate the brake and gear cables.
• Clean and lubricate the chain.
• Clean cranks and chain rings.
• Disassemble, clean and grease hubs and replace ball bearings with new ones. Check cones for wear and replace as necessary.
• Check spoke tension and wheel trueness.
• Clean braking surface of rims.
• Inspect tires for cuts and glass, check inflation pressure.
• Clean faces of brake blocks.
• Clean and grease bottom bracket and replace ball bearings with new ones. Sealed cartridge bottom brackets will also be removed and threads and shoulders are greased to prevent corrosion.
• Clean and lube sliders under boots.
• Check operation of suspension forks (if applicable).
• Check tightness of mudguards, racks, lights, etc (if applicable).
• Check pedal bearing adjustment.
• Adjust brakes and gears.
• Check seat post and head stem; Wipe insertion areas with grease.
Not an expert with bike stuffs but I guess it's good enough to last another year or 2. It could be collected next weekend if all goes well.
I went for facial in the afternoon and signed up for IPL! Hmm... IPL where? Don't tell you. Have to start the treatment soon especially if I am going away next year. It's 6 treatments for now.
Met up with Y for dinner as I was near her workplace. I had to pass her the tea that I had bought in Cameron Highlands. We had decided to have dinner as well. She ordered Chicken Bites but Chicken Pie was served and I was happily tucking into it as I thought it was my Huge Chicken Sandwich. Then my sandwich really came! Ha... The manager apologised to us for the wrong order and he served the Chicken Bites after that. Alamak! I ate so much today... :(
As I got home, I saw my church friends at the coffeeshop near the bus-stop. Joined them for an Iced-Milo and chatted for an hour. They were discussing about Geylang and its happening even though they are in the 50s. Quite a nice group of people but I do know that they usually hang out til late. Luckily it was not so today.
Quite upsetting to receive an email from one of my seniors at work. There's a conference on 4th and 5th of July. If we are not able to make it on the 4th, we are expected to go on the 5th! I was thinking of going diving that weekend. Seems like I have to change my plans. Sighs... So disappointing.
Dear Lord, I pray for E who's going for Lasik surgery tomorrow. Please heal her eyes quickly. Amen.
Friday, June 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment