Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Silly System...

I had made a few enquiries with regards to my application to the OZ uni. Seems like I may not be able to get exemptions for my course. Therefore, I need to apply for another uni to get the 2-year programme but I have lost my diploma cert. I had found out that I need to make a police report before I can request for a new diploma.

I managed to find out that we can also lodged a police report online so I tried doing that. To my horror, there's no signature and endorsement even though it was a police report in PDF file. I called up the polytechnic to check if I could still request for a new diploma. According to the person-in-charge, the online police report is not valid! That means that I have to go down to the police station to make a report personally!!! The NPP is only opened from 12.00pm to 10.00pm. Argh! It would mean time wasted. I had no choice but to rush here and there to get it done. I need my diploma to be ready by 7th July so that I could apply for the uni that offers the 2-year programme.

Therefore, let me conclude - it's quite a silly system (whether is it the polytechnic's or the SPF site). If the online reporting is not valid, why have it in the first place? Isn't it a waste of resources to build up the website or to have manpower to man the office to redo what the civilians have reported? I just do not understand. Sportzie does not get it.

No comments: