Monday, August 11, 2008

Day with Helper...

I finally managed to bring my bro's helper to church. A came and fetched me to church. We were all going to help to bring the housebound for mass. The housebound is a 88 year old Cantonese aunty, whose surname is same as mine! We actually spoke the same specific dialect as my grandparents and she could be from the same hometown.

I felt the work of the Holy Spirit in church and hopefully, it had touched the helper and A too. I took many pictures for the housebound and got them printed on the spot on time for everyone. Phew...

In church, I was praying about a few situations that I needed help from God. I need to make the right choices for the situations I am in. Then in one of the songs, the choir played the song "Be Not Afraid". It just seems like God is telling me not to be afraid and asking me to follow Him. He sure knows what's on my mind.

I also saw I and husband, Pat at the event. I was so nice that she helped me to get my food. If only A's husband was there too so that I could introduce I's husband to A's husband to him. This is to help them get acquainted and bring the latter back to church. A had to rush off to attend to her family so we had to go home on our home initially. In the end, I was also lucky to meet Connie as she gave us a ride home.

In the evening, Chris and I went to catch the fireworks display near Marina Bay at 5.15pm. We went to grab a bite at Funan Centre first before heading towards Esplanade. It was really crowded near to Padang. Apparently, young NTUC members gathered on Padang to form the biggest National flag. We walked past and squeezed all the way to the junction opposite One Fullerton. We were stuck there for a good 15 minutes as the police officers refused to let us cross the road. While we were at the junction, we saw the big National flag fly past with the helicopters. When we finally could cross the road towards Fullerton Hotel, we saw the Black Knights. We managed to watch the Black Knights in the midst of the trees and buildings. We then made our way to One Raffles Quay and parked ourselves outside the office to wait for the firework displays.

We parked ourselves next to a Malay family and we chatted with them as well. We then turned on the radio (TV Mobile) and listened to the commentary while waiting for the fireworks. As the fireworks came on, I took a picture of Chris. I just felt that the fireworks was not as spectacular as compared to the years before. I hope that the one that I am going to attend on the 23rd Aug would be a better one.

National Day 2008

Dear Lord, thank you for the time spent in church today with Chris and my friends. I hope that my actions had helped someone to feel the love of God. I also pray for wisdom to make the right choice and decision.

1 comment:

Vee said...

hahahaah... wow.. i got confused for a moment when i was reading.. those name initials are cute..

you're most welcome la.. it's a small help that i can contribute since you're busy printing out pix for the elderly..