Stayed home whole morning at bro's place and then I brought C for late breakfast at the hawker centre. I introduced her around the neighbourhood, especially the wet market.
Then I went home with C to wait for the washing machine to come. It did not arrive till 5.35pm when the delivery was between 2pm to 4pm! At least they should have called and informed us.
C and I then went to St. Teresa's Church for sunset mass. They played the hymn "Table of Plenty" for the offeratory hymn and that was the same hymn that was sang on Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. I have decided to put the song up on the blog for this week.
Anyway, mum cooked a simple meal and taught C how to fry egg and gave her some tips about maintaining the kitchen. I was the translator in the kitchen. Ha!
Some kitchen tips from mum:
1. Any dish with salted fish in it should not have added salt already.
2. Lay newspaper on the floor in front of the stove before frying so that if oil splatters, it's still alright.
3. Pack the minced meat into smaller bags before freezing the meat so that when you need a small amount, you can open up a few small bags and not defrost the whole chuck that you have purchased.
4. Never wash the saucepan with detergent if it has been used with cooking oil.
5. Onions should be added to omelette, instead of minced meat. The taste won't go well with minced meat.
When we went back to bro's home, I taught C what bus to take to go back and which bus-stop to alight. As we chatted, the bus came. We nearly missed the bus!! She was telling me that she hoped to work here for at least 10 years (so as to send her kids to college).
Sunday, August 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment