Friday, September 5, 2008

Great Adventure Catholic Bible Timeline - Session 2

I was nearly late as I was with L after the hi-tea. We took a walk to Chinatown where L had to buy some toiletries for the family.

I was glad that I read Genesis 1 to 11 briefly so as to prepare for today's lessons. I was just wondering since Adam and Eve were created by God and in Genesis, it only mentioned about the men, who did Cain marry when he's of age? Is there something missing in the bible?

With reference to Genesis 4:15 - But the Lord answered, "No. If anyone kills you (Cain), seven lives will be taken in revenge." So the Lord put a mark on Cain to warn anyone who met him not to kill him.

I was also wondering since Cain comes from Adam, who's the anyone? Since there's only Adam, Eve and Seth left after Abel died, who will kill Cain? Then R commented that if there's others that God created, then what Adam & Eve had committed was not an Original Sin.

Hmm... Anyway, like what the elders say, the bible cannot be taken too literally at times but to have faith and God will reveal the mystery to us.

At the end of the lesson, Genesis 1 to 11 in brief will be shown with the concept map below.

God's Family Tree









M cooked mee siam today and S prepared desserts. It was delicious but I could not eat a lot because I had a heavy hi-tea earlier on.

No comments: