Thursday, September 4, 2008

How "Friend" are you with friends in Facebook?

I had to be back at office to collect some stuffs that I had left over the weekend. I saw quite a few of them back in office too. Some of them were discussing about sharing pictures on Facebook and since the topic of Facebook came up, one of my colleagues mentioned that I had not added her as a friend on Facebook. I just smiled at her.

Reason being I did not want to add her and a few other colleaguees cos' I do not want them to know about my private life. Guess I need to find out more about the privacy settings to make sure those "unauthorised" persons do not invade my private life.

I am sure you have that experience that you do not want some colleagues or friends to know about your private life. Sure, there are those whom you are close to and of course, there's some who just want to kaypoh about your life.

In fact, one other colleagues asked me if she could view another "friend's" photos if that person had not added her as FRIEND yet in Facebook. Told her frankly, nope. In fact, I did delete that person from my friend's list. I am not that close to her, therefore, I don't think I want her to my friend's list. She should be in the acquaintance's list. However, there's no such list in Facebook.

No comments: