Thursday, September 4, 2008

Time with Mum...

Anyway, I left the office since my business in the office was done. I then met mum at BM. She was there at the polyclinic. I went there to see if I could get my Pap Smear done. I did it once when I was in my mid-20s. This time round, Health Promotion Board (HPB) did send me a notification to get it done to check for any abnormalities. I was told by the nurse that it's ideal to have the test done 14 or 15 days after the start of the last period. I was to make an appointment after I have calculated the date correctly, based on my next cycle.

As I was leaving the polyclinic, I saw the parent of an ex-customer from my previous workplace. I did not work directly with that customer but I recognised his mother. As we chatted, we established where we met each other. She still looked the same although it was almost 8 years ago since we last met. She is still in touch with the big boss from my previous workplace although the latter had already retired. She remembered me as being the cheerful and smiley staff from that organisation.

I then left the polyclinic for lunch with mum. We then walked around the concourse outside NTUC Fairprice. She needs to replace the pot knob as it was damaged. It's her magic pot that she was proud of. The saleslady was quite nice. She said not to buy the whole lid from her. She simply took the whole lid and walked to the next stall to replace just the knob. It cost $1.50 to replace the knob, instead of $5 for the whole lid. As she was doing that, my mother recommended the magic pot to the ladies nearby. When the saleslady came back, she had to clarify that my mum and her were not mahjong kakis! Haa.. I thought that was quite amusing.

When I reached home, I opened up the presents that I got over the weekend. Quite nice to receive many cards this year. Two of them really touched my heart. Although I do not work directly with these 2 customers this year, they still wrote nice message for me. Ta-da... Here's my presents.
Mum had another appointment @ SGH at 3pm but she told me not to go so as to stay home to rest cos' I need to be out of the house by 5pm. I wanted to accompany her but then she rejected my offer. I told her that I would accompany her to meet her friend after her ENT appointment, however, the plans had to be shelved because by 4.30pm, she was still waiting to see the doctor!! That's not very efficient.

No comments: