Sunday, October 12, 2008

Chek Jawa @ Pulau Ubin

It was a long-awaited trip because I remembered meeting A while blading to discuss about this trip and we finally made it happen. In fact, there were so much discussion on emails about what to bring, who to bring what and how to prepare ourselves for the trip.

I woke up in time for Chek Jawa but then I found out that the whole journey from home took more than an hour so I had to transfer to the train at Lavender MRT Station. As I was about to board Bus Service Number 2, I saw PL. As we chatted, we discovered that we were on the same train! We were about 15 minutes late and still not all were there yet.

I found out that one of our friends, KW, could not cycle as she went for a surgery some time back and the bumping and humping along the way on the bicycle would be painful for her. Therefore, we opt for the walk. It was about 45 minutes walk from jetty to Check Jawa. At first, I was disappointed that we could not cycle. However, I did enjoy myself while walking cos' we cracked so many jokes and laughed at ourselves silly. Moreover, it gave me time to take more pictures.

We also found out that if we cycle to Chek Jawa, we might have to bring our own locks to lock the bike outside the main gate. There's a bike park.

When we were at the information counter, we found out that the tide was still quite high and it would not be low till about 3pm. We were at the counter at 10.30am! I guess we have to be back another time. The guide told us to check the tide table at Tanjong Changi in future. He also suggested we could try again next week around 4pm when the tide level would only be 0.3m. Shucks!

Nevertheless, we did enjoy ourselves especially during our "picnic" and the coconut-drinking session.

Enjoy the pictures...


Pulau Ubin - Chek Jawa

No comments: