Sunday, October 12, 2008

Currency Changed...

Since Thursday night, news of the Aussie dollars had been dropping and there was a mad rush to change currency. I took a wad of notes to Pulau Ubin so that I could change it on my way home. Actually, my mum warned me not to bring them out, afraid that I would lose it in whatever ways she could imagine. Despite that, I still brought it along.

I went to People's Park Centre after registering for Big Walk. The regular moneychanger that I go to had such a long queue. As I walked closer to see if there was any notice up, I saw a note saying "No more Aussie dollars". I walked around the other money changers inside the building and found 2 who still had Aussie dollars.

The rate was nothing compared to the news but if I did not change it then, there would not be any opportunity for me to come back here to change it. I do not want to risk carrying around wads of notes. I even had to call my auntie to ask for advice with regards to Aussie exchange rate and I had to trust my trusty mobile-calculator to do the conversions. It was a tedious process (checking rates and converting from Aussie to SG currency and vice versa). I managed to get AUD$3000 after half-an hour in People's Park.

No comments: