Thursday, October 23, 2008

Finally down...

I felt the sore throat coming on Tues night. It was super painful to even swallow the saliva. Yesterday morning, I had no voice! I had to be at work early morning to make sure an event was carried out properly. However in the mid-morning, my voice came back and it was less sore. I stayed on to do some work but I felt the change in body temperature quite drastically. I then felt the soreness in my body. It must be the fever coming up.

I told the personnel in-charge of staff deployment that I would be going on medical leave. She saw me and said that my face didn't look too good. By 12pm, I had left for the day. I had porridge for lunch as I could not bear to eat anything else. Too painful.

When I got home, the doctor was closed for lunch so I had to go home first. Once I got home, I just felt so lethargic that I was relunctant to go visit the doctor. I just dragged myself out of the house. I had slight fever and the throat's swollen and red. I was given 2 days of rest.

When I got home, I just slept and slept. I had to forgo the class in church as I could not drag the heavy-laden body up. I only woke up at 1.30am for my "dinner" and medicine. Will be going to sleep after this blog.

My church friend called me to tell me that he's not going for the class in church as well as he was still stuck in the workshop. He could hear that I was not feeling well and was asking if I was love-sick! Haha... He was surprised that I was on MC. I reminded him about the baptism cert but he was grumbling why didn't I remind him earlier. It was a brief telephone conversation and I got an answer that I wanted to hear.

I also messaged SG thereafter that I won't be attending the class.

Dear Lord, thank you for this day You have given. Although I was sick, You still took care of me by sending an angel (mum) to cook dinner for me. She made sure I had food to eat by cooking soft food. I am thankful, Lord. I also thank You for the friends who came to me or sms me to rest well and take care. You are truly wonderful. You have also given me the answer that I wanted to hear. I pray for the friend who is in need of Your comfort and peace. Amen.

No comments: