Booked flight by paying the non-refundable eposit first. I still had not known if my leave had been approved and with news that the flights to Brisbane are going out fast, I'd better reserve a seat first. The venue to go to was North Bridge Road and I had not notice that place had an agency even though I had walked by that place umpteem times. Maybe I was just not as observant enough.
At about lunchtime, she called and said that she would go with me. She would call again to get directions after she had finished her work.
I waited for half an hour for the bus to arrive. I could have just missed it earlier.
I had completed the reservation before mum arrived. After that, I treated her to dinner. It was quality time well-spent I must say. Just as we were having dinner, my cousin (K) called to tell us that she would be dropping by our place to pass us the currency that she had changed.
When I was home with mum watching TV, in the HK serial, the daughter wanted so badly to donate her kidney to her mum as it's failing. Mum told me not to do that for her as she does not want to extend her lifespan that way. Moreover, by donating my liver to her, she was worried that if one of mine fails, I won't have anymore hope. On one hand, it is really amazing to hear it from her cos' that means that she's very liberal about death. On the other, I would want to save her cos' she's my mum. However, I do not want to extend her lifespan when she's feeling more pain from it. She would prefer a short painful period in this lifetime, if she's ill.
I was kinda disappointed when I received a message from a friend that he's not turning up for Big Walk. Quite glad that I am not his girlfriend cos' I could be spared from all the disappointments that I had to go through. Messaged him to text me when he's home. "Huh, for what?", he asked. I just wanna make sure he's home safely cos' he had drunk. Messaged him to drive home safely.
Upset with a project that I am working on. I could have offended quite a few persons as I was really trying to push for the project to move on. I guess I could have taken a wrong approach. I shall stop being the "secretary" and let them handle it.
Dear Lord, I am not sure if I did the right thing in being the "secretary" for the project. Please give me the wisdom to do things right and humble me if I had done wrong. It felt awful to have things turn out this way. Please give me the strength to carry on and persevere even if there's obstacles along the way. Help the other team members to play their part and I pray that the project would be smooth-sailing. I pray for the guardian angel (my mum) that You had sent me. She's ever so thoughtful for her children. May I grow to love her and be patient with her as she's aging. Amen.
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment