Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Dating & Dinner Gathering...

I was home in the early part of the day to pack my room. It's still a mess now because I do not know where to store my possessions. I come across my diaries over the years. It's interesting to read some of the entries. I also found my ex's photographs! Gosh... Time to throw them away.

I received a call in the afternoon that I would be able to get a slot at 4pm for my Chinese massage tomorrow. Yippee...

I went down to Olympus Service Centre to get my camera checked. I guess it was still under warranty, however, I must bring the receipt down when I go and collect the camera. Not sure if I still had it but would go find the receipt or bank statement. Hope that the receipt would still be in my drawer in my office.

I then went down to TDL at Circular Road. I was trying out their online quiz last week and I got a cold call to visit its office for a 45-minute profiling session. I guess they would introduce their packages to me. I was there on time and I was met with S. She looked a bit younger than me and not so comfy with English Language. From our conversation, I could tell that she was not so outdoorsy.

I was told that to be a member of the club, I would need to pay almost $500 for 1 group date (termed as event) and 1 single date, without pre-consultation. Of course, there would be a pre-match before the group date so that the criteria does somehow match. There would be an equal number of ladies and gentlemen on the event. In any case, the event would usually be dinner. Well, I would say it's quite impossible to arrange a weekday dinner cos' I would finish work at 7pm almost everyday, so it's quite difficult to attend the event.

On top of that, most of my weekends in Dec and Jan are fully booked due to the departure parties that would be held. In addition, S spoke as if the club is so exclusive that they actually pre-select members to attend such events. In my opinion, if you are not so "eligible", you won't be called up for events. Isn't the package quite worthless in that sense if you are not so "eligible"? I also felt that the club is pushing for marriage on the cards.

Anyway, my verdict is this: I would rather attend activities held by SDS because the charges are paid as per activity and you get to choose the activities you like. Furthermore, your single friends could join you on the activity as well.

After that consultation with TDL, I was at Central for dinner with my colleagues. We went to Waraku again! I would be missing Japanese food when I go to Australia so it's better to get lotsa it now.

The reason for the dinner was that it's my treat to 3 of my colleagues for helping me out in the Haunted House that I was in-charge of in March. One of them fell sick so only 2 came. One other colleague had resigned so it's our treat for her too.

Anyway, I brought along my old Olympus camera for the photo shots. The flip side is that the camera relies on 2 AA batteries.

As we were leaving Waraku, many ladies were waiting for a table. It's 50% off on Mondays at Waraku because it's the Ladies' Night. The promotion ends on 31st Dec this year.

At about 9.45pm, 4 ladies came into TCC. I guess they were in Waraku earlier because one of them was at the table next to us just now all alone. I guess her friends were late earlier on. Anyway, they were exchanging Christmas cards and prezzies at TCC. They prepared 3 different prezzies for each other and they would be getting back 3 different prezzies from 3 different persons. Nice exchange but then isn't it a bit too early for Christmas yet? There's 10 more days to go.

Dear Lord, thank you for the time I spent at home, clearing my stuffs. All's not done yet but I hope to get it done by next week. I also thank you for the time spent with my colleagues. Though I was not that talkative tonight, I hope that my company helps. I pray that YL would be able to find a job soon. As for CC, hope that she would recover soon. For PN and MS, may their spirit be lifted and the passion for the profession continues to burn and hope that it would inspire the customers whom would be under their care next year. Amen.

No comments: