Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas...

Hereby wishing one and all a Blessed Christmas this year.

Today's Day 2 of Packing Day. I was home for these 2 days as I was helping mum to pack the kitchen. Mum sure is the queen in the kitchen and I had to take instructions from her or else she would be displeased.

While packing, I saw many lizards' faeces and a few decomposed cockroaches. Although they were all in its ugly state, I still felt disgusted. Mum had to come my rescue a few times.

I had come to realise that mum and dad used to like to experiment with food and they often bought lotsa cooking tools - blender, roasting oven, vegetables design cutter, at least 4 agar agar knives, orange squeezer, magic pots, steaming pots. etc.

We had to throw away quite a number of plates, plastic containers, glass bottles. etc. Mum likes to keep them for the reason of recycling! We even had to throw away a spots-filled rice-cooker and 2 pots. She actually wanted to keep them. Oh my goodness...

I must say my mum is very creative with the things at home. She actually cut up a bottle to use it as cutlery holder - to be used after washing. For that, I salute her.

Anyway, I met SG near our homes to go to BSC for mass. The earlier mass had not ended when we were there. There was a long queue for cars waiting to enter the carpark as those who attended the earlier mass were not out yet. As we were waiting for the earlier mass to end, I saw JC and we exchanged our greetings. She even had a gift for me. Oops... We then snapped some pictures for memory's sake.

Anyway, I managed to get seats for us - SG, JC and her mum. Then LT texted me that he would be coming for mass. There's a seat next to SG but we could not keep it for him as it would be crowded nearer to 12am. Anyway, told him to hurry up.

The pagent started late cos the earlier mass ended late. It was a beautiful play and nice. Anyway, I saw A and her bf and they sat in front of us. LT came into church but he sat near the door. Anyway, I texted him to move to near us after pagent.

It was a spirited mass as usual and it was great to see so many friends and acquaintances at mass. During communion, I saw TF and her family. She would be moving to Toa Payoh soon so I guess I won't be seeing her at BSC in 2 years' time. That is so sad...

After mass, I wanted to grab a bite from the church canteen but friend didn't want to. He had a party (Mambo) to go to. SG left immediately because she was feeling tired. Anyway, friend sent me home and I came home to have my healthy bun and Horlicks. Shiok...

Dear Lord, thank you for allowing me to spend time with Mum. Through packing the kitchen, I got to know her a bit more better. Please continue to bless her with good health. Thank you for the friendships that are formed in church. May you bless them and use them to be instruments of Your love. May their friends be touched by Your love and also those whom they meet everyday. I pray that You will continue to use me as an instrument of Your love. Amen.

No comments: