Friday, January 2, 2009

Paint Paint...

I only woke up at 11.30am today because I slept only at almost 6am just now.

I had an appointment to stay home today so that I could help dad to paint the house. We had been painting the house in a few consecutive days. Today is Part 3 and we should be almost done with it already.

I gave my suggestion to dad to change the arrangement to the living hall and he agreed to it. I was delighted that my suggestion was accepted. In fact, I had discussed with my mum last week about it. The antenna in the inner hall worked fine so the arrangement of TV console could be facilitated. The hall is still in a mess but at least the walls are done up today already. Great!

I nearly "fainted" when I looked behind the TV console. It was such a mangled mess of cables, wires and dirt. The walls had old double-sided tape taped to it and it stubbornly refused to come off. Dad was supposed to scrap it off but he was feeling weak in the legs so I offered to take over his job while he could sit there and untangle the cables and wires.

As I mentioned last month, mum would not be working for the next 2 months so she had decided to make New Year goodies 角仔 (shaped like curry puffs with fillings has peanut, sugar and sesame in it) for sale. In case you want, please place your order with me.

As dad and I were painting the hall, mum was busy in the kitchen making the pastries. I would take some pictures of her in action tomorrow.

Dad and I had decided to call it a day by dinner time. After dinner, it was my time to relax because work for me would start the next day. However, dad carried on to help mum to roll the dough, add the filling for the pastry and fold the pastry. Secretly, I was glad to see dad helping mum. He even told his friends that he had to be home to help the family. I was happy for that. As I was growing up, dad had his fair share of fun outside the house but yet when it comes to such times, he was willing to be home with us. I guess I should be contented with that. At least, he's home.

I was quite happy to be home to spend time with mum and dad. They are not getting any younger and it's good to be useful at home. I was quite surprised that I could help dad with his electronic gadgets too though I could be impatient at times. I wonder if I had not had the opportunity to go away next month, would I still be so concerned about spending time at home and being with them?

Dear Lord, thank you for the time I spent at home with my family. Although we didn't say much to each other but I hope that by being there for them, it showed my love for them. We do not express love for each other with "I Love You" but it's the silent support that helps my family to grow. Help me to look after my parents as they are aging. May they grow old with good health and should they leave the world, let it be a painless one for them. Amen.

No comments: