As I walked to the interchange, my right heel was in pain. There was a piece of leather rubbing against it. It was my new shoes from Clarks.
I boarded the first bus that came and it sent me all the way to just outside the office. However, that meant that I could not buy breakfast from the nearby hawker centre but from the canteen itself. Once I reached the office, I found that it was a blister on my right heel so I took some plasters and taped up the big "hole". Walking was made easier but there was still slight nagging pain.To my dismay, the stalls in the canteen were not opened yet. We had just changed the canteen vendor last month and they were not ready to sell breakfast items yet. Luckily for me, I managed to find a packet of Milo in the pantry and made do with some biscuits.
Work in the office was not too bad today. I supposed to have a meeting at 3pm today but that friend forgot so we had to postpone it to Monday instead.
Anyway, I took my time to come home and bypass Vivocity. I dropped by bro's place to buy the containers for mum's pastries that she had made. To my amazement, I could carry 20 of such containers despite carrying my office documents and resources.
Came home to take a short nap. When I woke up, I helped mum with preparing simple dinner and also to wash up the crockery that she used. Below are the pictures of the 角仔 that my mother made.
I spoke to AF about the coming canteen duty on Sunday. I was told by CL that AF wanted her to fry bee hoon but I knew that it was not the case. CL wanted to prepare both bee hoon and porridge for the duty and I felt it was too much work for her to handle alone. I told AF to look for someone to prepare the beehoon while CL could just prepare the porridge. I told CL the news and seemed that there was some miscommunications. I went ahead to decide and told CL just to prepare beehoon. I also told AF that there was some miscommunication with her and CL. I said it out to clarify so that there would no animosity between the 2 of them on Sunday.
I then messaged CC to see if she had gotten her shoes back.
Me: Did you manage to get your shoes back?
CC: Nope.
Me: So sad. Nevermind. Maybe the shoes will be put to good use to help another poor gal.
CC: Poor people won't have money to take cab.
Me: Well, hope that person will have the heart to donate.
I must say, this colleague of mine is usually very pessimistic and I guess this response is usual of her. I just hope that the person who had picked up the shoes will have a kind heart to give it to someone who needs it more.



No comments:
Post a Comment