We first waited for the train at South Bank and my friends were late. M and I decided to go and walk around South Bank while waiting. To our dismay, CC and JL would be even later. On our way to the station, I went to the pharmacy to get tampons! Oh shucks... Time of the month today! Just hope nothing serious happens. Anyway, M and I decided to go to Helensvale first to wait for them.
When I was at Helensvale, the shopping had already begun for me. I bought another $7 top from Cotton On and also a pair of 3/4 pants at Crossroads. I just could not resist the pants here because it suited my legs very well.
We had a quick lunch and proceed to Surfers Paradise at half-past one. It took a while for us to find the hotel and guess what? The hotel is on The Esplanade, the street next to the beach. We could not wait to check-in and enjoy the sea view. We had an apartment with sea-facing view and the view was beautiful. It's a studio apartment + one bedroom. I was allocated the bedroom all by myself and it had a private balcony. I loved it. Since there's 4 of us sharing the apartment, it was $55/pax.
Next, we then went to check out the beach. We learnt that all swimmers had to swim between the flags. If you are beyond that, you could be in danger of being swept away by the rips under the current. 2 of my adventurous friends (CC and M) went to venture out and I think the water reached their waist and above. I was standing on the shore to watch them while the other went to pick seashells. As I was standing there, I tried to scan for them but I could not see them. I kinda panick for a while. I silently said a prayer asking God to protect them. Announcements were made to inform the public not to go beyond the flags. One lifeguard actually took his gear and was ready to get out to the sea. Then I saw my two friends!! I heaved a sigh of relief.
As they came back to shore, they recounted their encounter and they actually nearly got swept away by the rips. One moment they were touching the ground and next, they were not. The more they tried to swim back, the rips pulled them out. They must really thanked their guardian angels for protecting them.
By dinner time, we were out on Surfers Paradise Boulevard. We went to a cheaper version of Fish and Co for our dinner. The place is called Fisholicious. Cool name! Then we adjourned next door for our desserts - gelato! Yum yum!
We then walked around boulevard to check out the night scene. We had decided to get some alcoholic drinks and supper before heading back to the apartment. I chose the vodka with lemon lime with CC, whereas JL and M chose the beer. We did not bring our passports along so JL showed the saleslady various identification to verify our age. Over in Australia, if you need to buy alcohol, you need to produce some form of photo identification. Anyway, the lady commented that we do look older than 18 so it should not be a problem.
We then went to buy pizza for supper. One of our friends actually ate a lot so in the end, we had to get a Large one to satisfy his craving. During supper, we discussed about CC and JL's housemate and how uncooperative he was and very dependent on others. They were upset with him for not having initiative. As they were discussing that, I really counted my lucky stars that my housemate was not like that and so far, there's no major issues between us.
After that, the topic of Ms A came up. Ms A is a 22-year old gal who is now hot on the heels of JL. After one beer, JL actually got high and lose his inhabitations and started baring his soul about his feelings for Ms A and the reason why he could not go beyond friendship. To me, it was thought-provoking because on one hand, he kept talking about her behaviour and how he dislikes it and on the other hand, he would want to know her as a friend. Men! How contradicting could they get. By the third beer, JL was really drunk because he was making lewd remarks about a couple on the TV programme. I was a bit appalled but then well, he's drunk. That's the negative effect of alcoholism.
Next morning, I woke up at 5.45am to catch the sunrise. In fact, the sun was already up but it was cloudy. The night before, M said that he wanted to go to the beach again and yet he was going to watch soccer at TV at 4.30am. When I woke up, he was still fast asleep! I woke him up and I watched the sunrise at the balcony while he watched his soccer game.
By 10.15am, we had left Surfers' Paradise and went on our way to Harbourtown Shopping Centre. I would be back again...
I always wanted to buy a pair of Nike cross-trainers at Harbourtown but it was a bit disappointing for me because I could not find what I wanted. I didn't buy anything from Adidas too. In the end, I spent $75 on a pair of 3-inch heels, a black dress, a green Espirit top and a pair of House slippers. Quite happy with my purchase, especially the heels, followed by the black dress.
I had a good break and it's back to reality tomorrow. Got to work hard at my assignments already.
Dear Lord, thank you for the company at Surfers and Harbourtown. I pray that you would keep my friends safe. Thank you for protecting and looking after CC and M especially they were out at sea. I pray that they will learn to keep themselves safe too, especially M who's the more playful one. Forgive me for not thinking of others first. Sometimes, I could be selfish. Please help me to have a bigger heart to accommodate others in my life. Teach me to be a loving person towards others. Amen.



No comments:
Post a Comment