Saturday, April 4, 2009

Uneventful Friday...

It was raining heavily when I woke up this morning. It was super-cold but decided not to wear any long sleeves top as I was preparing to get dressed, the sun came out. It was just an hour of lecture, thus decided to bring just my file and a jacket.

Came home to prepare lunch while M got ready to go to school. I was supposed to meet JS but her call didn't came. I got a text message at 2.30pm that she went out at 1.45pm. That threw me into a panic and I quickly called her. Seemed like she was trying to reach me for the last 2 hours and there was no response.

I then checked my phone and seemed that I could not send a text out as well. Well, I wonder what was wrong.

I then went grocery shopping because there was no vegetables at home and I wanted to try a new recipe. I found it in the magazine. It's steamed salmon with vegetables and potato. As I was cooking, there was no white wine. Therefore, I didn't use any and used mayonnaise, instead of cream for the recipe. It turned out quite nice. It was complemented with Campbell mushroom soup. Yummy! M commented that I could open a restaurant! What a joke...


It seemed like Vodafone's server was down. Shall leave it as that and see what we could do tomorrow. Both M and I are Vodafone subscribers.

I received a text message from Cousin Bing to call mum. Since my phone could not be called out, I had to use the SG phone. I was told that Uncle would send the money to me next week when he's back. Apparently, his family and him would be flying back to Perth tomorrow. He then suggested sending me his spare car from Perth or it could be driven to me! That's a good suggestion but then mum and dad disapproved over the phone. I could hear them in the background. Even if I had the car, it would not be driven to school usually. It would be used for weekends. I hope I get it. I told my mum to pass my OZ number to uncle cos' he suggested coming over to visit me. Yippee...

I made connection with KC over Skype. It was a good conversation and we did gossip a bit.

Dear Lord, thank you for the phonecall back home. It feels great to hear my mum's voice. I hope she and dad are well. I pray that Uncle and his family would have a safe trip back to Perth. Please keep them safe. I also want to pray that you would look after the RCIA committee and those catechumens and candidates. Please keep them faithful and guide the catechumens and candidates to turn to you when they are in trouble. Since they are getting baptised or confirmed this coming Easter, they might be tempted. I pray You will cast out the evil spirits and enjoy the fruits for their labour. I also pray that you take good care of PA. Amen.

No comments: